Hi from Vermont!

TenaciousTins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys! My name is Christina but my nickname is Tins...I hail from the beautiful state of Vermont and obviously love photography or I wouldn't be here. I haven't had any formal training at all, nor can I afford any at the moment. With that said, I am building up the amount of equipment that I have so that I can be more well rounded. I have always been interested in photography, but really started taking pictures about 5 years ago when my hubby bought me my first REAL camera, a Canon Rebel XSi. I later sold that and bought the Rebel T1i, which I adore. I only have an 18-55mm kit lens, and can't afford another one which is a huge bummer BUT I only do this for pleasure most of the time. I have done several jobs by request, but I don't promote myself. I'm always up for learning how to do what I do better and love tips. Recently, I acquired a set of 5 reflectors (white, black, gold, silver, and translucent) 22 inches in diameter so I am looking forward to learning how to use a reflector. I also got a soft box that attaches to my flash (a Speedlite 430EXII). I don't ever expect to go BIG or really serious with photography because I feel that would dampen my passion so I'm leaving it as a hobby...with room to grow! I'm excited to be here because I enjoy sharing my stuff as well as getting critiques, and best of all, seeing other people's photography! I'm a VERY stubborn natural-light photographer but slowly allowing myself to learn about other methods of lighting. My grandfather gave me 6 umbrellas and 3 light stands...I don't know what to do with them! But I'll figure it out...I have a black and a grey backdrop as well as a backdrop stand, so I'm starting to learn about how to use that as well...add in the lights and umbrellas, maybe I could do a few "real" indoor photo shoots! Anyway, if you've got any questions, please ask them! For now, it's hello! And here's a few pictures from this year so you get an idea of what I'm into:

10-20-4.jpg

830-25.jpg

10-8-109.jpg

10-8-153.jpg

10-8-87.jpg

10-20-115.jpg

10-212-55.jpg

My sisters make wonderful models :mrgreen:

Welcome! I'm from Vermont as well as a couple other regulars on here!

This site is full of information and you can definitely learn a lot!

Wow I'm surprised to see that...usually forums are vacant of anyone from the northeast! Well now I won't feel so alone! Vermont is great to photograph, in the right area of course. My town is kind of shoddy for photographing but I'm learning where and how to photograph so it's getting better. I prefer to photograph people/animals and stuff up close but I'm trying to broaden my horizons and photograph other things as well. :D

Most reactions

Back