Hi, guys (new here)

tomodell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, guys. I'm Tom
I've been interested in photography for a good few years now, but only within the last two have I ventured out of my comfort zone.
I did gcse photography a couple of years ago(which, for the record, taught me absolutely nothing about photography... It was a waste of time) which served as a good excuse to ask for a dslr for christmas. I got a refurbished nikon d40x and until a few months ago when somebody *looks around suspiciously* dropped it...

So, without my camera for a month, I felt wrong... Like there was a huge part of me missing. It lived with me. Another lucky moment, I got a canon 500d for christmas 2012... That was me set now. I won't need something new until I either a, win the lottery or b, do some hard saving for a few years and get a 5d.

Anyway, now, my 500d and the 2 lenses I have are doing me nicely, for what I've been needing them for.
So, I went off track a little bit there... I was going to show you all some of my photos and one of the main reasons I got in to photography- my"pets"

Unfortunately, I've no old photos since I only recently opened the photobucket account that I'm using :(

Here goes

IMG_0227_zps5f3d5cf7.jpg

This is a young female Ceratogyrus darlingi, a horned baboon spider

IMG_0054_zps3a535629.jpg

This is my big female Chromatopelma cyaneopubescela, my greenbottle blue tarantula

Well, that's only two of them. I've got a few dozen, but that would take a long time to paste all the links, haha

Moving on, here's some of my recent photos... I took a bit of a fascination with the pigeons around town on tuesday

I've got a short attention span, so I take random photos. It definitively helps

IMG_0931_zpsebfc8f29.jpg

IMG_0960_zpsfb878fd0.jpg

IMG_0962_zpsce290fd0.jpg

I also get bored and try weird settings (This doesn't help so much)

IMG_0908_zpsd0fad912.jpg

IMG_0885_zps321ac4ba.jpg

IMG_0913_zps2d5b3772.jpg

I've got snakes too, so if anybody wants a look, it's way easier having a look at my facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/SpinninTomsSerpents

Speaking of snakes... Give it a month or so and i may have some nice photos of the native V.berus
Thanks for having a look, guys and girls

this actually should be in the 'Welcomes and Introductions' forums, where people look to say hello, rather than in Photo Discussions.

You will get much more comments on your pictures if you actually post them in one of the theme oriented sub forums like Nature or People, etc.
Post one or two at a time and then people can concentrate on them
Posting several un-numbered means that peoples' attention is scattered and they have no easy way to refer to any specific one.

Welcome. Sorry. We normally don't go out of our way to be rude. Like Lew said, you slid in the back door and apparently no one noticed.
BTW, I'm not sure why, but I kind'a like the back lit pigeon. Nicely framed and exposed. Ummm, the LAST back lit pigeon. :)

Welcome here Tom! Your photos collections are awesome. Welcome at TPF forums!!!

Welcome to TPF Tom; I've moved this thread to the "Welcomes" forum, and I would suggest that if you want to share images, either for critique/comment, or just to share that you'll receive much better response if you put them in the appropriate sub-forum below.

Welcome to TPF Tom; I've moved this thread to the "Welcomes" forum, and I would suggest that if you want to share images, either for critique/comment, or just to share that you'll receive much better response if you put them in the appropriate sub-forum below.

Thanks, Boss. I did realise there's a new members bit after i had posted !

and thanks everybody! everything taken on board.

Hello and welcome aboard Tom!

Welcome! Beautiful Arachnids!

:thumbup: Welcome to TPF Tom! :camera:

Our photo sharing/comment/critque forums are in this TPF section - Photo Galleries - Photos submitted by members for general display or critique

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back