Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys, I'm very new to photography..

I have a Canon 600D, Standard Twin lens Kit
18-55mm
55-250mm
Speedlite 430Ex II

I'm still learning the ins and outs of the camera from shutter speed to ISO and that is partially why i joined the forum...

I originally just roamed around snapping random stuff on full auto Setting still amazed at how good A DSLR can be...

I wasn't using much so I thought I might as well try and make a bit of profit somehow and pay the camera off...
My mate started wedding photography to build his portfolio and told me about a small nightclub that was possibly looking for a photographer . I contacted the manager and had my first night shooting there on Thursday! it was incredibly fun.. However I pretty much jumped in the deep end because i had no idea what settings to use..

For portrait/group shots:
f:5-5.6
ISO: 400-800
SS: 1/6

For general area shots:
f:4.5-5.0
ISO: 800
SS: 0"6

Flash was on Auto TTL, 2nd curtain for both.
Bounced 45 Up, however with a low dark roof, so I'm not sure whether to just have it face on with diffuser...

I guess I'm just looking to increase my knowledge in Nightclub Photography and Flash settings etc...

I haven't really looked around the forum heaps yet, so ill prob chuck up a photo or two later..

Cheers guys
Stibbs.

[EDIT] Added some shots, Re-sized to upload, guess ill have to read what the max single file size limit is..
anyway.. have a look.
These shots are straight off the camera, no CS4 yet,

1. Standard Couple shot away from Dancefloor
2. This one is blurry but shows the room/lighting I have to work with
3. On the Dancefloor, lasers/smoke etc

Attachments

• $IMG_2011 copy.jpg
    $IMG_2011 copy.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 101
  • $IMG_2036 copy.jpg
    $IMG_2036 copy.jpg
    741.2 KB · Views: 78
  • $IMG_2165 copy.jpg
    $IMG_2165 copy.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
If you want info on what you're doing, post images not settings.

Hi Stibbs, and welcome to the forum! It sounds like you are off to a good start with your photography.

Actually, the Welcome forum is is probably not the best place to wait for a lot of feedback on your images - you might want to post these (and anything else you want to share) in our Galleries sections. We have several Gallery categories, so I'm sure you'll find some that best reflect the type of photography you're doing. :)

Good luck, keep posting and enjoy the forum!

Welcome to the site.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back