Hi! newbie on TPF and in photography!

janetm1000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi!
my name is janet, i'm 24 years old. I'm a german national, but have lived in Beijing for the past 13 years.

i have always had a strong interest in photography, but like many things in life never had the opportunity to get into it at all. since at the moment i am in between jobs, i figured, now or never and went ahead and bought a canon EOS 450D, after a friend recommended it to me, as a entry level camera.

that was 3 weeks ago, and i have since taken over 1000 pictures, even though a nice sunny day is hard to come by (pollution).

anyhow, i'm still trying to wrap my head around all this stuff, but i'm loving it so far...

hope i can learn a little something on here :)

janet

Hi Janet, and welcome to the forum! With the start of the Olympics being imminent, I'm sure there will be LOTS of things to photograph. So click away, and post some shots!

Wilkommen, Janet :)

Interior design? That sounds great. So you might be able to help me next year for my new apartment... ;)

.. so I am the third pig to answer in this thread :p

Hello Janet, welcome aboard.

hey! it's been a long time since i've been new to a forum. i do have a few olympics related pics i could post, but they really arent that great, quality wise. so far, since i had my cam, i only had a 2 hour window of decent weather (=no horrible pollution) to take pics with nice natual lighting. still not very confident with anything else but sunlight (althogh i am experimenting a LOT!!!!).

so yeah, if anyone is interested in just shots of a "tour" of beijing during olympics, i can provide. lemme know. but most shots wont be looking good. :D

lemme just gimme some of the "better shots"

btw, i dont edit my pics at this point. althoug i am well familiar with PS i just dont wanna get into the mindset of "who cares, i can edit it anyways" which i think i might be prone to. so for now all my pics are unedited... :)

flag shots: we got flags ALL over town now! :)

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

a beijing intersection
IMG_0772.jpg

graphitti in bar street :)
IMG_0765.jpg

anyways. i just mostly went around and shot in landscape mode. didnt even bother experiment much on my cam. it was toooo hot to think ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back