Hi there!

Greetings. I am a Nikon user. I have used Canons in the past, but find that I prefer the control layouts on Nikons better. Both Canons, and Nikons, are generally good. Read everything you can find on photography in general, and your system in particular. Check Amazon. They are bound to have paper books, and perhaps even e-books /audible books you may find interesting. I found some good e-books there about my Nikon D7200 before I bought it. I studied books on various systems, and finally decided on the D7200. I have not regretted my camera, or lens, selections. Much of your selections will depend upon your preferences. I use a tripod for most shots, so VR/ OS is not so important to me. Some folks like AF, while others like MF. Older lenses are often less expensive, but just as good as newer ones. Become well acquainted with your camera, and lenses. Practice a lot. Try different things....common, and uncommon. Experiment with lighting, and filters. Back Button Focusing is handy, so try it, and see how you like it. Buying used, and factory refurbished, can save you money, and still get you great gear. Watch Youtube videos on your camera, lenses you are considering, photography in general, etc. Try a bit of everything-portraits, wildlife, landscapes, street photos, etc, until you figure out which you like the most. I have some Zoom lenses, but mostly use Prime lenses. Others prefer Zooms. Try some of each, and see which you prefer. Photography is a very individual art / hobby, so don't worry about what everyone else is doing / buying. Do what you like.

Hi! Thanks so much, I have many books on my Amazon list. Working on reading the first one now. I thought this camera thing would be easy. Entry level DSLR and all. Boy was I wrong!

Most reactions

Back