Hi

RegiUsh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wanted to say hello. I started playing with photography as a hobby a few years ago and joined this sight so I could get some good honest critiquing (my husband likes every picture I take... God love him) and some sound advice. I Look forward to learning more, and sharing photos with you.

Hello and welcome :)

Head on down to the photo galleries and share some pictures!

Will do, just created a few albums!

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Thanks for the friendly greetings. Some of my pictures are good, but most of my pictures are ok. I joined so I could learn from all of you and become better. So worry not about my feelings... Tell me what you really think. I don't even know what questions I should be asking.

Tell me what you really think. I don't even know what questions I should be asking.
I'm usually quite frank in my comments, although we have this "10-post" rule: Don't be too negative toward any new member with fewer than 10 posts.

You're almost there!

I, and others, have written about how to post images for quality critique, so you can use the search function of the forums to find examples.

Here is one:

How to structure your posts to get critiques on your work (C&C)

Geez, I just looked through a few of your albums. I think I need to be asking you questions!

You certainly have the right idea about what makes an appealing image, and can get them out of your camera.

I thought some of the portraits could benefit from some fill lighting. Not all of them. I'd like to see what you could do with some off camera flash. You're ready to get into the finer points of light sculpting and portraiture.

Honestly, it will take somebody more advanced than me to properly critique your work.

Some really nice stuff there. High five!

I don't even know what questions I should be asking.
I'm going to be a little more specific in this part of my answer.

I prefer that you post only one image per thread, unless you are comparing two very similar shots. If, for some reason you feel the need to post two or three images, please assign numbers to them so we can simply refer to a number when responding.

You should tell us what you attempted to do, what you did to try to achieve that, and ask specific questions relating to the issue. Some sample issues: lighting, focus, framing, composition, interpretation, post-capture editing, etc.

Begin a new thread for a different question.

Okay, that's what I am talking about. Most of the issues you addressed I fumble with, aside from framing (I could get better) lighting (again I could get better) Well to be exact I could get better with all of the issues. My whole approach, what I am thinking when I frame any picture I am taking... Would be that I want to capture on camera precisely what I see with the naked eye. So if your preferences you suggested up above will eventually help me to achieve this better then I already can, then so be it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back