High Key / Low Key--- help me

wyogirl

Oh crop!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lowly Student Here.... I have an assignment to do a high key and a low key photograph. I'm not asking how... I understand the theory, I now just need to practice. BUT I am asking if you can give me some suggestions on subject matter. I don't want to do portraits, so some kind of still life.

any ideas?
BTW, its a Black and White film class if that makes a difference.

Try using some natural light with a window for still life. If you blow out the window you might be able to get some cool ideas.

Any ideas on a subject? I'm thinking white flower on white eyelet or black headphones on black back drop... but that is all I can come up with. I have two strobes, so using light isn't a problem.

White on white... White napkin on white tablecloth. White statuette on white background. White feather on a grayish surface. White egg on spoon on white tablecloth...

Dark on dark... Black coffee cup on dark wood. Black lace on black velvet. Dark coffee beans in a dark cup...

White egg on white background.

Black camera or lens on black background.

Well with high key just pick a light subject on a light background with no blacks

Low key pick a dark subject on a dark background with no whites.

Creatively the concept and processing is up to you, I'm bt gonna do your assignment for you that is kinda the point. If you are struggling for insparation Google it and see if you can take some images you like. Or look at some painters like the dutch movement. I'm sure you could create a modern version that would work

Most reactions

New Topics

Back