DeadEye

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deadeyestudio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is what you get by just doing it.. Snap Snap.

highnoon.jpg

This is a home brew panel made from $10 of ripstop white nylon and a couple fiberglass sticks from bicycle safty flags

panel.jpg

Shot with panel between subject and sunshine

withpanel.jpg

Shot with panel and fill flash. Panel same as rest, Meter on sky only, Set camera to underexpose 1.5 stop in order to get nice blue sky. Set Ettl fill to 1.5 overexpose to correct for the underexposure of ambient and give a catchlight in eyes as well as spectral highlights. Used a ettl cord.

offcamfill.jpg

They seem pretty underexposed, and the light lacks direction. I think your off camera flash was still too closeto the camera, because it really just looks like on camera flash. The thing with high noon shooting, is that you can diffuse it all you want, but the bottom line is that it's just a horrible direction for light ot be coming from, no matter how diffuse it might be.

It's good that you do this so people can understand how to control light. I do the same basic thing just minus reflector and with an ND filter to block extra light. I do agree that these are still slightly underexposed (the subject) and a little more flash and a better anglewould have been better in that last one. I probably would have put the flash to camera right to balance against the sun on camera left.

Most reactions

Back