Hike to the Ronov castle ruins ..

ntz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I dare to share a photo from yesterdays' hike ... didn't work well for me, I was loaded up with a lot of gear, hit very cold weather, snowing with a lot of snow on the ground ..

unfortunately the sun didn't look at me through clouds all the day long so there were no shadows .. I've captured at least this photo handheld while going up to the hill .. everything else from tripod just didn't work well that day ..

Ronov castle is here 50.620320075174455, 14.414551761173955

by ntz on ThePhotoForum: Film & Digital Photography Forum

thanks for your feedback ..

best regards !!!

+ bonus photo from the top of the hill ... I've stitched this pano only for to review from JPEGs from camera (I shoot to RAWs + M/normal JPEGs) but I didn't find that with enough potential to just work with that further ... I like the crooked tree in the right middle but I would need to go there again for better composition dedicated to this tree solely ..

by ntz on ThePhotoForum: Film & Digital Photography Forum

unless i'm doing long exposures i usually ditch the tripod. even with wildlife, 90% of the time i find it easier to go handheld. i like the first image, reminds me of some of nigel danson's work. maybe take a bit off of the top and bottom, it seems like a very long photo with a lot of empty space. the tree in the second image definitely deserves a second look.

Reactions: ntz
unless i'm doing long exposures i usually ditch the tripod. even with wildlife, 90% of the time i find it easier to go handheld. i like the first image, reminds me of some of nigel danson's work. maybe take a bit off of the top and bottom, it seems like a very long photo with a lot of empty space. the tree in the second image definitely deserves a second look.

I have new tripod ... Santa has brought it to me ... I can't disappoint him ..

Nice set. I can't see your exif data so I assume your 2nd pic was taken at 11 mm with how the horizon bends. Agreed, that crooked tree is worth a set all it's own. (tip) it was true with my 8 mm fish-eye lens but if you hold the camera at the right vertical angle the horizon will be level. I'd like to see a 2nd go around. ;)

Reactions: ntz
Nice set. I can't see your exif data so I assume your 2nd pic was taken at 11 mm with how the horizon bends. Agreed, that crooked tree is worth a set all it's own. (tip) it was true with my 8 mm fish-eye lens but if you hold the camera at the right vertical angle the horizon will be level. I'd like to see a 2nd go around. ;)

Second shot is pano stitched from 6 photos (portrait orientation) ... yeah, indeed, Hugin removes the EXIF data .. they were taken with my 18-140mm lens at 18mm, f/11, 1/20sec and ISO 100

as I wrote above, I had managed to climb up to the hill under the most harsh conditions (a lot of snow, cold, going uphill) and then suddenly the snowing stopped (heck), no sun/shadows anywhere, no fog, no remarkable clouds, just nothing, only me up on the hill for the first time .. that was rather great scouting hike :D

see my first photo, I was running like devil up to the hill to catch there snowing and foggy conditions .. but I missed that

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back