What's new

Hiked a Mountain... And Took Photos! Check 'em Out!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dragged some of my friends out for a hike on this beautiful day--it was a blast, and we had a lot of fun. Came up with some keepers, and wanted to share them. Heres's one so far. I'll add more as I edit.


Wind and
Sun
by f_one_eight, on Flickr


And another!
The Leeward Side by f_one_eight, on Flickr


And another!

Tunk by f_one_eight, on Flickr

And one in Black and White!

Swiftly From Atop by f_one_eight, on Flickr


And I should add that the third photo is a panorama made from 9 separate vertical images, all shot at 11mm.


Cheers!
Jake
 
Last edited:
Nice! Looks like a great spot to relax and read a book.

This side was actually REALLY windy(probably gusts over 70mph), but the other side was definitely peaceful and a book-reading spot.

Cheers!

Jake
 
Awesome shot! If this isn't HDR then you sir know how to use your camera amazingly. If it is an HDR, you sir know how to create a wonderful composite! I hope the world will green up in my area soon so I can get out and get some good landscapes like this.
 
Nice! Which mountain is this you hiked?

Tunk Mountain in Franklin & Cherryfield Maine. Technically it's more of a glorified hill at 1,517ft, but still.

Cheers!

Jake
 
Awesome shot! If this isn't HDR then you sir know how to use your camera amazingly. If it is an HDR, you sir know how to create a wonderful composite! I hope the world will green up in my area soon so I can get out and get some good landscapes like this.

'Tis not HDR sir! I'm pretty sure I shot this using a 0.6 and 0.9 soft graduated neutral density filters.
Thanks for your kind comments!

Cheers!
Jake
 
I like the second one.

Did you use brushes to fix the exposure on trees or the sky or both? The line between the trees and the cloud in the middle left of the picture seems a little rough.
 
Second is strongest. The others lack an interesting foreground.
 
I like the second one.

Did you use brushes to fix the exposure on trees or the sky or both? The line between the trees and the cloud in the middle left of the picture seems a little rough.


Which picture?

Jake
 
Second is strongest. The others lack an interesting foreground.


Hmmm. What would have made for a more interesting foreground?

Cheers!
Jake
 
Hmmm. What would have made for a more interesting foreground? Cheers! Jake

Not sure I wasn't there. Take the first one. Nice middle and background but you have a slabe of rock in the foreground.
 
Hmmm. What would have made for a more interesting foreground? Cheers! Jake

Not sure I wasn't there. Take the first one. Nice middle and background but you have a slabe of rock in the foreground.

Oh that makes sense. Part of it was the setting. There really isn't much more than SLABS of rock up here in this part of Maine. Ledge is everywhere, and it's difficult to find something more... intriguing.

Cheers!
Jake
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom