Susan + Zac | First Engagement Shoot

What camera/lens combo are you using? I REALLY like your background separation and the sharpness (the wall shot specifically) on these.

Nikon D800 and Tamron 70-200 2.8VC. [emoji106]

Gotcha. I was hoping you would say, "Oh yeah! Just my 50mm 1.8!" (Because I have that one...) But you didn't...you didn't... :(

Great stuff! Loving your style on these and your wedding reception shots. I'm new around here, but I'm assuming you've been doing a lot of other shooting?

Two things bother me. On the wall shot, it appears that he's kissing below her lips.

Her skin texture is a bit distracting in the second shot. Maybe try softening a bit. I like the framing, though.

Like. :thumbyo:

Gotcha. I was hoping you would say, "Oh yeah! Just my 50mm 1.8!" (Because I have that one...) But you didn't...you didn't... :(

Great stuff! Loving your style on these and your wedding reception shots. I'm new around here, but I'm assuming you've been doing a lot of other shooting?

Thank you! I did use the 50 1.8 on the ring shot! I've been pretty active lately but only recently have my paid event started to pick up. This was actually my first ever engagement shoot [emoji16] welcome to the forum!

Two things bother me. On the wall shot, it appears that he's kissing below her lips.

Her skin texture is a bit distracting in the second shot. Maybe try softening a bit. I like the framing, though.

In the black and white?

In the black and white?

Yeah, I noticed it in the B&W too. I was just on the fence between "let their natural beauty shine through/her getting offended (I've heard it happens) for your editing out a known facial feature" and "selling out to the corporate/pop culture view that skin should always be flawless, blah, blah, blah."

First shot is great. Yes a light more light on the hands would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, D-B-J, the black and white. My suggestion wouldn't be to create flawless skin, but maybe edit the facial texture closer to her arm and chest.

Yeah, D-B-J, the black and white. My suggestion wouldn't be to create flawless skin, but maybe edit the facial texture closer to her arm and chest.

I'll give it a re-edit

I like the perspecrive im the first one as well. The second one is nice but to be honest when I first glanced at it the first thing that came to mind was "is there a stain on his butt?" because of the way the shadows are.

Your second post with the one of them on the wall is a good pose but they don't look like they are relaxed and comfortable, they look stiff to me. Anyways, it looks like you got some good shots, you did way better than I could have.

I like the perspecrive im the first one as well. The second one is nice but to be honest when I first glanced at it the first thing that came to mind was "is there a stain on his butt?" because of the way the shadows are.

Your second post with the one of them on the wall is a good pose but they don't look like they are relaxed and comfortable, they look stiff to me. Anyways, it looks like you got some good shots, you did way better than I could have.

Thanks for the response! Yeah, the wall shot was tricky for them.

Jake

Considering that the couple 'walk down the lane' picture isn't really identifiable, I would use a bit of artistic license here, warm it up, trim it, add some texture. THen print it on a canvas for a dreamy look.

couple-dip.jpg

Considering that the couple 'walk down the lane' picture isn't really identifiable, I would use a bit of artistic license here, warm it up, trim it, add some texture. THen print it on a canvas for a dreamy look.

View attachment 85721

I'm not sure I follow.. How is it not identifiable?

Most reactions

Back