Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, anyone who's ever tried to photograph hippos in captivity knows exactly how difficult it is. They never seem to get their faces out of the water, and don't look all that elegant when completely out of it. I was pleased with this shot, so sharing it here :). Does anyone else see an issue with the saturation?
8740585314_9ce07fc3e6_b.jpg

Note: Unfortunately one of them died recently, and now there's only one left in the enclosure. He hardly gets out of the water since the day he's alone! :(

Last edited:
Oh dear, sad for the other one Raj. Lets hope they get another one. Nice shot though and the eyes are showing really well. Saturation ?? not really anything wrong with it Raj. Mind you, I do like colours that pop a bit, saturation I don't really use, brightness and contrasts I do though. Can't really say its too much in here, I think its fine. others might have different ideas though.

All the best Raj, and yep, hope they get another one, not nice to be alone.

Danny.

Looks great to me, Raj. But geez, snakes, lizards, now hippos! How about a shot of a pretty woman? :smileys: Lee

Looks good to me. As an aside, hippos in the wild are just as uncooperative.
Sad to know that one of them died.

I took some shots in a zoo lately. There was a young hippo swimming closely behind the mother and the mother just s**t covering the baby. It was strange but they both continued swimming as normal. I actually got the moment on camera but to be fair, I got nicer shots in the zoo that day

Looks good to me Raj.Sad about the hippo,I hope the other will adjust as they looked to be mates or friends.

Oh dear, sad for the other one Raj. Lets hope they get another one. Nice shot though and the eyes are showing really well. Saturation ?? not really anything wrong with it Raj. Mind you, I do like colours that pop a bit, saturation I don't really use, brightness and contrasts I do though. Can't really say its too much in here, I think its fine. others might have different ideas though.

All the best Raj, and yep, hope they get another one, not nice to be alone.

Danny.
It's not likely that they'll get another one, most of the zoo keepers and authorities care more about the cash inflow than the animals here. I doubt that hippo would've died had she received proper treatment. It's just sad! Thanks Danny.

I took some shots in a zoo lately. There was a young hippo swimming closely behind the mother and the mother just s**t covering the baby. It was strange but they both continued swimming as normal. I actually got the moment on camera but to be fair, I got nicer shots in the zoo that day
lol.. would've been funny to see that pic actually, why don't you post that on this thread ;)

Looks good to me. As an aside, hippos in the wild are just as uncooperative.
Sad to know that one of them died.
Looks good to me Raj.Sad about the hippo,I hope the other will adjust as they looked to be mates or friends.
Yes, it's real sad. Had some coverage on the local news as well, but no one really cared why or how she died. Thanks guys..

Looks great to me, Raj. But geez, snakes, lizards, now hippos! How about a shot of a pretty woman? :smileys: Lee

lol.. I really love to shoot all kind of wildlife, have always felt a connection to them since my childhood. But I'm in a really really good mood right now as so many nice people are doing so many nice things to me on this forum today, so I'll grant your wish Lee :D. I'm sorry, I had to include an animal as well :p. Feedback awaited! ;)

14092248546_ba2fbcd3ed_c.jpg

lol.. I really love to shoot all kind of wildlife, have always felt a connection to them since my childhood. But I'm in a really really good mood right now as so many nice people are doing so many nice things to me on this forum today, so I'll grant your wish Lee :D. I'm sorry, I had to include an animal as well :p. Feedback awaited! ;)

14092248546_ba2fbcd3ed_c.jpg

A+ & WOW! Tell her that any time she wishes to make a fool out of me, she is welcome to do so! :lol: Lee

Hahaha! That hippo s**ing photo is so much grosser than I imagined it, DLeeT, thanks. :)

Who's the girl, Raj? She's beautiful! And the picture is nice too - a sweet moment with a frightened (stray?) dog.

A+ & WOW! Tell her that any time she wishes to make a fool out of me, she is welcome to do so! :lol: Lee
:lol: I'll tell her that!

Who's the girl, Raj? She's beautiful! And the picture is nice too - a sweet moment with a frightened (stray?) dog.
He wasn't really frightened, just hesitant to see this new girl. I always feed this group of stray dogs on the way to my office. She insisted she'd come along that day, and I brought my camera.
Oh and the girls my GF :cool:. Come on now, why would I lie? :roll:

Most reactions

Back