Hissing sound on Rode Videomic Go

samsam123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've got a Rode Videomic Go and a Canon Eos 700d and when I first connected the microphone it created a hissing sound so I changed the sound recording to manual and the then moved the recording level all the way to the left and then moved it 4 spaces to the right (-dB 40). It works perfect now and there is no hissing sound but the volume of what I record is really low, is there any way to fix this?

TCampbell

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a basic difference between the VideoMic "Go" and VideoMic "Pro". The Pro has its own battery and does it own pre-amp. The "Go" has no battery (hence no pre-amp) and relies entirely on the camera's amp (which isn't as good).

On the "pro" you can turn the in-camera sound level all the way down and then use the switch on the mic to pre-amp the sound and you'll get much better sound quality on the "pro"and it's not quiet ... of course the "pro" does cost more.

JohnnyAmiri

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a vid I made that compares the different settings on the videomic pro. +20dB with the in-camera gain sensitivity set to low significantly reduces the hiss.

Most reactions

New Topics