Hit by a car (truck)..

AFarhat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was downtown taking some photos with my friend Ben, and while we were driving over one of the bridges downtown. Traffic all of a sudden stopped.... Turns out someone ran across the bridge and got hit, he is ok looked like he only got banged up pretty bad.

Here are some shots,

C&C more than welcome,

IMG_20150327_0013.jpg

IMG_20150327_0014.jpg

IMG_20150327_0034.jpg

IMG_20150327_0035.jpg

IMG_20150327_0037.jpg

IMG_20150327_0038.jpg

IMG_20150327_0052.jpg

IMG_20150327_0053.jpg

I think you should send these copies to the police in case they need evidence.

That didn't even cross my mind, do you think they might need these? How would I even go about doing that?

I have never done that, but you may have to ask the police department about these photos. If they ask you for these photos, you can send them the copies about 1 to 2 mp resolution. You may doing good service to the city.

You have some nice images. Some are soft, so I'm assumed you were shooting in manual focus very quick in this kind of incidences. But, good timing.

You have some nice images. Some are soft, so I'm assumed you were shooting in manual focus very quick in this kind of incidences. But, good timing.

Correct, my other than the infinity mark on my lens. All focusing was done manually, and yes, it was my first time in a situation like this, so I was a little nervous that I might be overstepping. and with a 50mm prime, I had to get kinda close to the action.

I think you should send these copies to the police in case they need evidence.

That didn't even cross my mind, do you think they might need these? How would I even go about doing that?

I wouldn't do that. Do you like to step into dog chit? That is what you could be doing by offering up your photos. I know first hand. The attorneys will ask the police where the photos came from. The police (if they take your photos) will then take your information which they will then hand off to the attorneys for the pending litigation. The next thing the attorneys may want is the whole roll of film to make sure you didn't forget to hand in a possible piece of photographic evidence. They will ask the courts for a subpena of your film. Then on top of that since you took the photos you will be dragged to court to possibly talk about your photos and maybe anything else you have seen. I'm not saying this will happen but, that there is certainly the possibility for it to happen. I know this first hand because being in emergency services (auto accident tech) I have been to enough court cases and had my fair share of court recorded interviews. None of which is fun.

Just my .02 from personal experience.

Last edited:

Correct, my other than the infinity mark on my lens. All focusing was done manually, and yes, it was my first time in a situation like this, so I was a little nervous that I might be overstepping. and with a 50mm prime, I had to get kinda close to the action.

I shoot 98% film, when i'm on the streets i alway have my camera set for quick shots, so it is zone focused normally F8, focus set to about 10 feet and shutter speed set to avaliable light then there is no need to focus within certain distances

evidence of what?

any kind of visual evidence. It's a photo of a scene and all it takes is something as simple as incorrect documentation of a PCR which could bring into question everything that occurred. People are sue happy and if this guy wants to say he has back a neck pain from the EMS crew for improper handling of the patient he could. The very last photo in the series shows someone attending to the person as well as someone standing next to the patient and yet there is no c-spine stabilization.

I know as I said first hand. I've been subpoenaed for photos taken of crash scenes several times. The NYS EMT classes used to instruct students to take photos of crash scenes for the doctors to see intrusion and the passenger compartments of patients we would bring in. Attorneys would end up getting subpoena for all images related to the crash to find any form of negligence that fire and Ems may have played in the patients injuries. I should say, the providers I work with as well as myself have never been found negligent but, it's a pia dealing with the court proceedings.

It doesn't hurt to contact the police department and see if they need the photos. When it comes to car accident, people tend to lie and get away. It happened to people I know.

evidence of what?

Possible negligence, which could result in both criminal and civil litigation.

And honestly, I can't see how these pictures would be useful for a court case. They were taken well after the incident, so they can't prove or disprove anything about the possible negligence leading up to the incident, or participants' actions immediately afterwards. As for extent of injuries, they only show that police were there, emergency services were there, as were some bystanders. These are all issues of fact that are easily proven with police and medical reports.

I wouldn't bother with the police either, but mostly because I don't see anything probative about these images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back