Hit by a car (truck)..

As Leonore says, I don't see anything (at least in the small images here) that really links the truck to the injured person.

Thats kind of what I was thinking, none of these are very close in to the action, that would actually show any detail of the situation.

It doesn't hurt to contact the police department and see if they need the photos. When it comes to car accident, people tend to lie and get away. It happened to people I know.
police don't care about that nor will they these photos. youre not even a witness to the crime.

It doesn't hurt to contact the police department and see if they need the photos. When it comes to car accident, people tend to lie and get away. It happened to people I know.
police don't care about that nor will they these photos. youre not even a witness to the crime.

All I'm saying to contact the pd. If they don't need the photos, then don't send them!

But what would they use these for? There nothing to these that would concern them.

using tapatalk.

Tecboy, I get it - you're talking about civic duty, and I agree that it's important to inform the police of any information that would be relevant to the situation.

However, these particular pictures would almost assuredly be round-filed.

They are interesting photos, though. Just of no use to the police.

Yes I would have liked to see more of the story, the people, emotions. It all story wise is a bit flat to me. The pics I think are good but thats what I am missing. If thats where you where after I think theyre good but if you wanted to tell the story you missed out I think.

Well here's my two cents for you, AFarhat. First off, the first time I read your username, I quickly read it as "a fart," but that's probably just my childish mind finding farts funny.. Now, as to the images, I don't believe the PD would find much evidentiary value to them, however, none of us know the facts surrounding this incident, so therefore none of us are qualified to say whether or not these particular images would be of any evidentiary value to their case. They may be, they may not be, but they're the only ones who could answer that question. However, what I can say, from first hand experience, is that it is nice when someone comes down to the PD and offers photos of us "in the fray," so to speak. Images like these are generally really appreciated by both law enforcement and fire/EMS services for our department or personal scrap books. As we can never take the time during the chaos of the incident to step back and snap a photo, we do appreciate people bringing us theirs.

So, take them down, offer them up, and if they tell you they would be helpful as evidence, and they want to take down your information and you're not comfortable with it, simply decline or tell them you wish to remain anonymous. There's nothing wrong with that. If they ask why, tell them you don't want the hassle of being subpoena'd. Just because something comes from an anonymous source doesn't mean we can't use it. If they don't need them as evidence, offer them up for the department to use them for their scrap books. The fire dept. would probably also appreciate them for their collection.

And the photos are cool, by the way!

Yes I would have liked to see more of the story, the people, emotions. It all story wise is a bit flat to me. The pics I think are good but thats what I am missing. If thats where you where after I think theyre good but if you wanted to tell the story you missed out I think.

I also wish they had a little more depth to them, as far as emotion goes, however I was not headed down expecting to be front row at a pedestrian involved car crash. And i was a bit nervous about getting too close. I think next time, I will be a little more confident.

Well here's my two cents for you, AFarhat. First off, the first time I read your username, I quickly read it as "a fart," but that's probably just my childish mind finding farts funny.. Now, as to the images, I don't believe the PD would find much evidentiary value to them, however, none of us know the facts surrounding this incident, so therefore none of us are qualified to say whether or not these particular images would be of any evidentiary value to their case. They may be, they may not be, but they're the only ones who could answer that question. However, what I can say, from first hand experience, is that it is nice when someone comes down to the PD and offers photos of us "in the fray," so to speak. Images like these are generally really appreciated by both law enforcement and fire/EMS services for our department or personal scrap books. As we can never take the time during the chaos of the incident to step back and snap a photo, we do appreciate people bringing us theirs.

So, take them down, offer them up, and if they tell you they would be helpful as evidence, and they want to take down your information and you're not comfortable with it, simply decline or tell them you wish to remain anonymous. There's nothing wrong with that. If they ask why, tell them you don't want the hassle of being subpoena'd. Just because something comes from an anonymous source doesn't mean we can't use it. If they don't need them as evidence, offer them up for the department to use them for their scrap books. The fire dept. would probably also appreciate them for their collection.

And the photos are cool, by the way!

HAHA. thats not the first time I've heard that. being that my last name is farhat.

I think I might just go see if they could use them, Maybe just put them on a throwaway thumb drive that they could keep if they wanted.

thanks for the kind words about my pictures!

Most reactions

Back