Hit the trails today. Please C&C a couple of my pics

percent20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
buddylindsey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took some pictures of my friend on the trail here are a couple of the shots I took please let me know what you think. Sorry if the subject isn't to your liking.

The one below I was trying to get what we were about to do with the jeep to show we were going on the trail with it.

Composition-wise, they're all right. Number three could've been good if the jeep was moved, but you're real problem are the skies. They seem overexposed or oversaturated. I would get a CPL to help. Even with a cheap CPL, your skies will greatly improve. An example:

2793697460_b5704ff55e.jpg

What is a CPL? and can one be gotten for a point and shoot. I am only using a Canon Powershot.

Ohh, I don't think you can get one for a P&S. A CPL stands for Circular Polarizing Filter. It mounts on an Lens (SLR lens) filter thread, and you can adjust its intensity with the outer ring. It improves contrast, skies and water. A must for outdoor shooting.

Now, what you could do is buy a CPL and hold it in front of your P&S's lens, although I'm not sure that will work. Do you plan on getting an SLR?

Ohh, I don't think you can get one for a P&S. A CPL stands for Circular Polarizing Filter. It mounts on an Lens (SLR lens) filter thread, and you can adjust its intensity with the outer ring. It improves contrast, skies and water. A must for outdoor shooting.

Now, what you could do is buy a CPL and hold it in front of your P&S's lens, although I'm not sure that will work. Do you plan on getting an SLR?
I might give that a shot. Or at least do some research in what others are doing.

I plan to get one eventually. I have never had a digital camera before, but have been interested in photography for a long time. So when I got a couple hundred dollar gift certificate for Best Buy i thought I would take the opportunity to get a digital camera. I figure once I get better i'll get an SLR. I figure I have a ways to go still yet since I have only had it for a month.

Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

Back