Hitting the water with a stick

thx

I will take a package of huggie's in lieu of cash prizes

I'm more of a pampers guy. I compared the two using DxO mark and the Pampers rate much lower, so they are obviously the best choice ;)

I'm more of a pampers guy. I compared the two using DxO mark and the Pampers rate much lower, so they are obviously the best choice ;)

ha! I just get the same one, pampers i think.

kids is great! just open the door and the fun starts .

Awww, how cute! What great fun he's having!!!! Maybe when he's just a tiny bit older, you can help him upgrade to the NEW, bigger f/2.8 constant-diameter stick...the one with the ring around it and the super-duper bark coatings and stuff!

Awww, how cute! What great fun he's having!!!! Maybe when he's just a tiny bit older, you can help him upgrade to the NEW, bigger f/2.8 constant-diameter stick...the one with the ring around it and the super-duper bark coatings and stuff!

I wish I could have as much fun as he does with simple things.

I agree...childhood is a wonderful, amazing thing. It's pretty awesome being a dad to a small boy! It's...just...wonderful to watch how much fun a small boy can have with, well, just the simplest of amusements. Upcoming for this summer for your son might be something we did with Spencer: outside, an arrangement of at least two plastic, handled pitchers, a pair of plastic funnels, and a whole mess of cups, tiny buckets, plastic jars of different sizes, and a supply of water, either from a slow hose, or a large bucket or flower planter filled with water for "dipping" and "splashing"... watch as the kid spends hours on end pouring water from one vessel to another, building skills and strength and dexterity...then watch as Grandma and Grandpa are ASTOUNDED when the kid can pour four 12-oz glasses of milk out of a one-gallon milk jug and not spill a single drop, all by himself.

It sounds weird, but pouring water with this kinda setup is a FUN PLAY DATE for two or three kids!

One summer the kid learns how to pour water and has a BLAST!!!! Next thing you know, he can pour liquids at age 3. Kid wants a drink of water from the fridge? He can do it himself!!!

Thats a good idea!

very fun. And very drenched.
to be young....
nice photos.

Can't pass up a good puddle! Nice photos, like the facial expressions - some concentration there!

You did Runnah when you were his age; now you're helping him learn thru play, things that are pre-skills to later math (size, dimension, etc.), the harder you smack the stick the higher the water goes, that sort of thing... and it's fun as heck to splat that water (while he's developing motor skills - balancing, eye-hand coordination, etc.).

oh wait.. i didn't even catch that. this IS Runnahs kid?
so how many you have two?
yep, time to start thinking about how to keep the wife home. babysitting costs and daycare add up it may not be much of a difference..

Most reactions

Back