HK Camera Life

Garfink

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hiya everyone, I just started a blog about photography, its my first ever blog and would love some feedback, its called HK Camera Life, its got lots of information and photos like this one with annotation.

653505828_GxStk-XL.jpg

Date: 8/2/2009 14:32 Camera: Olympus E-P1 + Olympus 17/2.8 Pancake (M4/3) Exposure: 1/4000sec at f/2.8 Focal length: 17mm or 34mm in 35mm equivalent

I frequently use many different cameras, both large and small. If it was a planned photo outing, I would always try to bring the best tool for the job and that usually means the camera with the best sensor. But it is the small cameras that shine through and save the day for that impromptu and unplanned shot. I am unlikely to have my Rollei 6008AF with me on my tram ride past Victoria Park on this rainly day and I would have miss this shot if I didn’t have my little Olympus E-P1 with me.

As the tram went pass the park, a thought flashed past my mind. The wet green asphalt of the football grounds in the park would make a wonderful reflective surface and the interesting cloud formation would be spectacular in this otherwise a rather uninteresting scene. I haven’t reached my destination but I jumped out of the tram anyway! Life of a photographer! I was wet from head to toe, but I was able to capture this photo just as the sky was clearing up. I converted the photo to black and white to make the clouds stand out more, and left the color green in the photo to give attention to the reflections in the wet asphalt.

I'm really digging this. The pop-out contrast between the form of the palm trees/color in the mid-to-foreground and the desaturated buildings, set against a dramatic and "well-placed" sky makes for an intriguing image. Composition is excellent. Without getting into the minutiae, the only part of this I'm not crazy about is the green on the lower-left building which is slightly distracting.

Edit: It just dawned on me that it's not a pool, woa ok. I like the perspective not too happy about the color selection but it's ok.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back