Hmmmm, what to do.

bantor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jrcreations.bravehost.com
The Alberta government decided it would be a good idea to give every Alberta citizen 400$. Distributing the surplus I believe. But anyways, now I have 400$ extra just sitting here waiting to be spent. I could save it, but what fun would that be? So I Have norrowed it down to a few things that I want to buy.

I could afford 2 of the following 3
afsdxzoomnikkor55200mmf456ged1.jpg
55-200mm lens
oriontrekiiblack5yk.jpg
cool new backpack camera bag
d70sgrip15my.jpg
Nifty cool battery grop

Or just this

100698081gg.jpg
Cool 19" LCD monitor

What do you guys think?

Battery Grip! as well as the pack have my votes. Even though I don't know my Nikon lenses, so probalby not the best person to listen to.

And I will be throwing my $400 into future education, so enjoy it :)

since my monitor is going out I would say the monitor... but that's up to your current situation.

Indeed, it is getting a little bit dire. The monitor I have now is about 8 years old. It's a 17" CRT. The colors are so bad on it that even with full adobe gamma correction, and full monitor settings, the colors and brightness are still not as high as they could be.

Well...well...I wanna move to Alberta! *grumbles* I wish my state would give me money *grumble*

If you monitor is going, go for the monitor!

I vote for the monitor. We replaced ours a few months back and the difference is amazing!

Since I'm having a still almost brandnew 19" monitor, and a nifty cool camera backpack, and a 28-200mm lens - which is no longer quite that good, but do you look into the mouth of a gift horse? - I might go for the battery pack! There are no external flashes and lightboxes in your list... why?

Ah, dang! all those things are for yourself, anyway ... grrr! Was for a moment thinking I was having a choice here ................! ;)

Ha Ha, I have made a my choice! And it is

image15by.jpg

A METRO 19" LCS monitor. Now the reason for this if you are at all wondering is that the other things are all small seperate things that I can purchase in intervals, making it seem like i am not spending as much money.

I'm not sure what you should get, whatever things u need the most i guess.
I'm also getting my $400 check soon (I'm in NS right now so my mom has to mail it to me), then I get to decide how to spend it :) Gotta love our oil rich, money wasting province!

So my whole theory on the $400 is that they are just giving me some of my money back.

Aside from that I'm buying a new shock for my bike and can get my second rolling.

Most reactions

Back