What's new

Hobbies outside Photography

As the screen name indicates, I love fishing. As my current frazzled brain indicates, I haven't been fishing for much toooo long. I also enjoy long range rifles, Precision Rifle Series matches type stuff. Also, getting lost in the desert or mountains and just seeing whats out there.
 
NcOyDpTh.jpg


CWf32AQh.jpg


XWyN8eDh.jpg


aUgEz16h.jpg


jTMR5eIh.jpg


li5d2nQh.jpg
 
Last edited:
Aside from some painting, I do image transfers with some of my photos, using collage on wooden panels or canvas.

I used to do a lot of alternative photographic techniques (bromoil prints, lith prints), since I'm mainly a film photographer. A lot of my resources for these (certain enlarger papers and chemistry) have been discontinued.

View attachment 297778

I love riding my bike (as weather permits in the Northern US), gardening, growing herbs, cooking, traveling. And I'm always reading something or other. 📚
You are very creative! I like the art…
 
I have a few hobbies besides photography.

I like to ride my motorcycle, especially on backroads. Been known to just turn on a road and ride to see where it leads me.

I like to take my camera along in case I find something interesting.

Besides riding my motorcycle and shooting photos, I also like to shooting firearms. I go to the range with a few of my friends and we shoot a little and yak a lot while drinking lots of coffee. Oh, and sometimes doughnuts.

Those are probably the best examples of semi-organized hobbies.

I also like to travel with my wife. We like beaches best.
I do solo ride back in the Philippines! It feels meditative to me.
 
Too many to list, but the most recent ones are:

Woodworking, built a chess board to go with the 3d printed Lord of the Rings chess set for my grandsons' birthday. And built his twin sister a pottery kick wheel from plans in a 1970's Mother Earth News article.

Gardening of course is case you haven't seen my posts in the garden sub here.

Bee keeping, will be harvesting honey any day now.

Motorcycles, camping, hiking, recovering and refining precious metals from electronic scrap, just starting with sandcasting pendants in sterling silver I recovered from old silver ware. Will do some lost wax stuff in pure silver from old x-ray film once I clear some of these other projects I've started. If I get good at it will do some gold I've gotten from old computer boards and scrap jewelry.

About to fire the boat up to go skiing next week, I'll wait until cooler weather to fire up the forge and help my grandson finish the sword he wants to make. And the welder to make garden sculptures, or as my daughter calls it, garden junk. lol

So yeah, I've got a few.
 
Sort of a family thing: building WWI replica aircraft. Did a Morane-Saulnier Type L monoplane. Flew twice, crashed twice. The Fokker D6 biplane here is inching towards completion as my FIL
supervises. Fingers crossed to start a Fokker Eindecker monoplane this fall--the world's first fighter in 1915. Gonzo aviation...
Recently strong-armed into a build crew for a full-size Royal Aircraft Factory S.E. 5a. Gorgeous British 1917 biplane--fast, deadly, forerunner of the Spitfire some say for its advanced features.
Love building 'em but never fly 'em!:uncomfortableness:
fokkerD6CFXa.webp

And here's a beautiful S.E.5a--so pretty!
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom