Hola from Oregon!

ozbot87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody! I would like to introduce myself to what looks like a very entertaining and informative group of people on this forum.

I have always been very fortunate to live in places that show nature at her most beautiful. From the rugged landscapes of New Mexico to the picturesque scenery of the Columbia River Gorge (where I call my home), I have always wanted to capture what I have seen with my eyes and share with the world my journeys. More often then not, there is no story other than "This was really pretty so I wanted to share with you on this prettiness".

I recently purchased a Canon SL1 with the 18-55mm kit lens and Manfrotto aluminum tripod. I have been taking pictures with them ever since. I have not, however, done much editing to them, since I do not know where to begin. While I do realize that professional results may be held back by the amount of gear I have on hand at the moment, I want to extract everything I can out of what I have before I move forward with purchasing more equipment for better looking results. My goal right now is to have picture quality in the same ballpark as the enthusiast/professional photographers. I would love to be able to professionally print and mount my pictures with the possibility of selling some of my work in the future.

I welcome any constructive feedback as I feel I have a lot to learn. Thanks again for reading this and I look forward to contributing!

Welcome!

As to where to start with editing, just do the minimum at first. Straighten, adjust white balance, and crop. All of which are fairly easy and can be done with nearly any photo software.

As to extracting the most out of what equipment you have, pay attention to the light and composition. Sounds fairly elementary, but you've got to get them right before moving on. Otherwise better equipment will not produce better results.

Welcome to TPF! I look forward to seeing your pictures of the beautiful state of Oregon. Have fun! :)

Welcome to the site.

Welcome aboard.

Hello and welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I'll be putting up some of my shots on the forum now and again (there are already two pictures in the landscape forum for critique already!), but I guess for now, I will be looking at the tutorial sticky and learn, learn, learn!

Most reactions

Back