Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is your traditional holiday meal?

My family usually has ham, but this year we are going to have a deep fried turkey, southern style. This is a leap of faith for my very New England family :)

On the side we will have "Grandma Stalley's" mashed potatoes - made by Tim. When my grandfather was alive we always had rice pudding and/or mince meat pie. I am pretty confident that Aubrey's pumpkin/pecan pie will make an encore presentation.

I thought it would be intresting to see what other people traditionally have. I know that in South America it is common to have lasagne (we sponsored an exchange student when I was in high school :) )

we deep fry turkey every year here. stuffin, mashed potatos, gravy, corn, all that crap. yum yum.

md

I've heard about deep fried turkey. You have to buy a massive pan don't you? They reckon it's pretty nice to. I'd like to try it one day.

In my house it's just stuffing (not the New Zealand version) , turkey, beef, potatoes (roast, boiled) and various yucky veggies.

get you a big deep pot, 5 gallons of peanut oil, and a burner that uses propane. heat the oil to 350F and drop the turkey in slowly. 3 minutes per pound and an extra 5 minutes for good measure. man oh man that bird is devine!

md

MDowdey said:
get you a big deep pot, 5 gallons of peanut oil, and a burner that uses propane. heat the oil to 350F and drop the turkey in slowly. 3 minutes per pound and an extra 5 minutes for good measure. man oh man that bird is devine!

md

And NOT oily!! You would think it would be similar to fried chicken or the like but it's not. The skin seers shut and locks all the juices in and BAM! Good eatin indeed. We've had a DF turkey for the last few years too. plus the usual. stuffing, potatoes, lots of veggies, tons of pecan pie and my world famous stuffed mushrooms. :D oh man i can't wait.

Turkey, Ham, Mashed taters, cocktail weenies, greenbean cassarole, sweet taters, stuffin, punkin pie, apple pie, grammie's chocolate mousse (D E L C I O U S ! ! !) and lots lots more! :)

usually it's ham, mashed potatoes, green bean cassarole, stuffing, pumkin pie, my grandma's cookies (sooooo good), my other grandma made this amazing peanut butter pie for thanksgiving I'm sure we'll have again :)

HOWEVER..

this year we are having family here for dinner, and my mom is switching it up a little and instead of ham, making lasagna, and by my request... SPAGHETTI PARMAGAN (sp?).... my favorite food ever.... ughhh just thinking about it now I can't wait to have it :LOL:

now I want christmas to come tomorrow :D

After we open gifts on christmas morning, my family gets together for aebleskivers for breakfast. We generally don't have a formal dinner. Our tradition is to go to the movie theater. This year, I refuse to see anything but the Life Aquatic :D

We have ham, potatoes, many sallads, carrotbox? rutapaga box?(not sure about the english names :oops:) then we have meat, good bread blabla.. :D

Usually I don't eat much in christmas table... Im choosy with food and christmas food is not my favorite. :sillysmi:

niki when are you going to post a pic of yourself? that avatar is misleading... :wink:

Hmm... maybe when I reach 1000 posts? If I ever do that... :green to:

I'll see if any decent pic comes during christmas... gonna fly to sweden for 3 weeks this friday! Yay! :cheer:

We typically have ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, corn, green beans, stuffing, DUMPLINGS, nasty salad junk, celery with cream cheese, pickles, and lots of desserts!!! Oh and did I mention the DUMPLINGS :drool:

voodoocat said:
aebleskivers
Aeblewhaters? What's that. Sound more like a form of torture.

Oh, and just to remind the admins. They do have the ability to change the post count of users. You know, just incase you ever spot a reason to do it...

ferny said:
voodoocat said:
aebleskivers
Aeblewhaters? What's that. Sound more like a form of torture.

Oh, and just to remind the admins. They do have the ability to change the post count of users. You know, just incase you ever spot a reason to do it...

dude, shut up..your ruining the plan to get niki to post a picture!!!! :oops:

jk

Most reactions

Back