Holiday meal

I've heard that deep fried turkeys are just heavenly. I always laugh when I see the annual warnings on how many porches are set on fire each year by people who don't know what they're doing with all that hot grease. :p

Me, I roast a turkey and baste 'em after starting with searing heat (450' oven) which is then reduced to the standard 350'. Not quite as good as the deep fried, but you get a nice crispy skin and juicy bird.

And my specialty is my Christmas cookies....I use my mom's old recipes and don't tell anyone about the butter and brown sugar....just let people enjoy the real thing from scratch. :D

MDowdey said:
ferny said:
voodoocat said:
aebleskivers
Aeblewhaters? What's that. Sound more like a form of torture.

Oh, and just to remind the admins. They do have the ability to change the post count of users. You know, just incase you ever spot a reason to do it...

dude, shut up..your ruining the plan to get niki to post a picture!!!! :oops:

jk

:LOL:

Btw I forgot meat/cheese pastrys and christmas tarts, yum.. :D

oriecat said:
Those are good. I think they're swedish? Or something like that...
According to the internets, it's Danish. But it's been passed down from the Scandinavians... Not sure if all nordic's enjoy the balls like the Danish do.

voodoocat said:
oriecat said:
According to the internets, it's Danish. But it's been passed down from the Scandinavians... Not sure if all nordic's enjoy the balls like the Danish do.
Oh that reminds me of that SNL skit with the "Shweety Balls". I think that's one of the best SNL skits ever. That and the "candygram" landshark skit... Sorry for the hijack. :wink:

voodoocat said:
oriecat said:

Oh, Chad! You'll never let it die, will ya? :LOL: :love: That made me laugh out loud, and I'm still supposed to be sneaking internet time at the new job, damn you. :wink:

I'm with you Terri, I laugh everytime I see it :)

voodoocat said:
ferny said:
voodoocat said:
aebleskivers
It's a danish pastry that is kind of like a spherical pancake. Usually buttered and dipped in powdered sugar.
:drool:

MDowdey said:
ferny said:
voodoocat said:
aebleskivers

Oh, and just to remind the admins. They do have the ability to change the post count of users. You know, just incase you ever spot a reason to do it...

dude, shut up..your ruining the plan to get niki to post a picture!!!! :oops:

jk

Like, dude. They can go up as well as down you know. It'd be like totally bodashous if an admin upped her cout to something like 2500, yah? Then she'd have to like, post two pictures.

Wicked!!! Now, where's my surfboard?

:mrgreen:

terri said:
voodoocat said:
oriecat said:

Oh, Chad! You'll never let it die, will ya? :LOL: :love: That made me laugh out loud, and I'm still supposed to be sneaking internet time at the new job, damn you. :wink:

:LOL: :lmao: Made me laugh out loud too!

;) The word 'internet' will never be the same for me since bush called it the internets.

"I heard there's rumors on the, uhh, internets"

I get to eat Ukrainian food on Christmas. My Girlfriend's family makes a somewhat traditional meal.

No "meat" (cow, pig, chicken etc.) so they make fish. There is even a traditional jellied fish... :puke: Lots of perogies though...and other good stuff.

My favorite Ukrainian holiday meal is Easter though...we don't "do" lent...but we have a meal on Easter morning that has enough meat to choke a tiger.

yo big M!!! Jelly fish!!!! what does that taste like?

mygrain said:
yo big M!!! Jelly fish!!!! what does that taste like?

It's not jelly fish...just regular fish made into some sort of jelly. I've only had a little taste but I knew before I had some that I would not like it...most people don't. That's why it's a traditional dish and not a holiday favorite ;)

I don't know for sure but I think there are traditionally supposed to be 12 dishes served at Christmas. All without "meat". I guess they ran out of ideas and decided to mash up some fish into a jelly :lol:

Most reactions

Back