Holidays in D.C. (Somewhat Pic Heavy)

waday

Do one thing every day that scares you
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The wife and I love D.C., so we spent the holidays with wife's family in Washington, D.C.

Pretty much rained all day on the 25th (with very high temperatures and humidity), but we still walked around to all the memorials/monuments.

We always wanted to see the Cherry Blossoms in D.C., but never made it down. Well, we got to see them on Christmas Day.

I'm still going through the photos, but I did edit a few. The Tidal Basin was nice and foggy all morning/early afternoon.

1. Jefferson Profile
WashingtonDC-7 by Wade, on Flickr

2. Foggy Jefferson
(This one looked ok my home computer, but looks kinda underexposed here...)
WashingtonDC-3 by Wade, on Flickr

3. Foggy FDR
WashingtonDC-5 by Wade, on Flickr

#2 is a real winner. I would try to increase the contrast to give it some more tonal range. That will really make it pop.

I agree - the second one is special. I'd love to see a bit more tonal range in the sky.

The third one has potential too, but that blown sky is a problem. I am thinking a really close crop on the point - my eye keeps going to that figure between the trees, and I'd love to see that more prominent.

And I do like the first one as well. Poor Jefferson isn't getting much attention next to that second shot ;)

#2 is a real winner. I would try to increase the contrast to give it some more tonal range. That will really make it pop.

Thanks! :smile: I did an edit with a bit more contrast, but didn't like it. I should have slept on it a bit more, haha. See below. I'll see if I can tweak it tonight (and bring in some of the sky).

I agree - the second one is special. I'd love to see a bit more tonal range in the sky.

The third one has potential too, but that blown sky is a problem. I am thinking a really close crop on the point - my eye keeps going to that figure between the trees, and I'd love to see that more prominent.

And I do like the first one as well. Poor Jefferson isn't getting much attention next to that second shot ;)

Thank you, Leo! I should be able to bring back some of the sky in both 2 and 3, so I'll see what I can do tonight (if I have time).

After seeing Jefferson between the pillars, I was so excited, but I couldn't get a shot without those pesky tourists getting in the way. Didn't they know they were ruining my shot? ;)

WashingtonDC-4 by Wade, on Flickr

Last edited:
@limr: Ok, so, I can bring back the sky in the Jefferson one, but it needs some work around the tree line. I left it for now. For the FDR one, I did a mondo crop to get in a little closer. Despite the noise, I think it still looks pretty good.

I'm also including one at the Vietnam Memorial, an obligatory shot of the White House, and one of another photographer--he took my picture, so I took his.

5. FDR Revisited
FDR by Wade, on Flickr

6. Memories
Memories by Wade, on Flickr

7. Obligatory White House
White House by Wade, on Flickr

8. Photographer that took a picture of me
GoesAround by Wade, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back