TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
thoughts :)
chap-1.jpg

its an interesting shot! the books on the left hand side look like they are glowing. it almost looks like an old newspaper photo.

overprocessed. i hate how you can see past the bridge/walkway thing on the left, but is cutoff on the right. it should be more balanced. dead space on the top.

That staircase looks familiar... You shot this before, but I think last time you shot it symmetrically. I find the antisymmetry here curious. Looks like you're trying to do something, but you're not pushing it enough.

No comment on the processing.

Square crops come with there own "rules" for composition, and are a little harder to pull off well.

I always thought squares were a big no no

There's no such thing as an absolute no no in photography. Sometimes, things that shouldn't work, do work. And things that should work, don't. Don't be afraid to experiment with different things. You might be surprised.

I think its cool composition, I just ain't feeling the post processing you did. Little heavy IMO. I think it would also be a cool shot from a very low angle.

I for one love the PP. It might not be the "normal" thing to do but Vangogh didn't do the "normal" thing either. The shot itself isn't pleasing to me but keep doing your own thing!

i like it overall..pp a bit much

i like the use of lines here..could use a little more balance.

I think, when taking a picture of an aisle, you should strive or symmetry. Maybe that's whe Jeweler thought it would look well with a square crop.

The window crowding at the left hand side of the frame is causing unwanted visual tension. Overall this shot doesn't move me...it just "is". Neither good, nor bad.

Most reactions

Back