Homeless

DC Photo bug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.betterphoto.com
Homeless.jpg

this kind of pictures always capture my attention.
the expression of this people is always nostalgic, talks about better times, or a hard past (and a uncertain future).

maybe, theres to many color on it, and that kind of images is always sad.

you can change it to B&W and add more contrast :thumbup:

I don't think this picture conveys homelessness or the emotions surrounding it. I've seen many obviously not homeless people sleeping benches in parks on bright sunny days like this.

Hey. Yes. MPDC is back... so the "DC_photo bug" goes back into the drawer where it came from? OK.

By the way, without the context of this photo that you know of course, but we don't, also I think that it not necessarily looks like the picture of a homeless person. It may have been so, but from outside you can't so clearly recognise it.

And now that you have said it were 100 degrees at the time you took this photo, I wonder "Why-o-why did he not move over to the shadows of the trees? My god, and he's wearing all those clothes!" (Which may be a hint at his homelessness, after all... no home, no warderobe...)

Though I have no technical observations to share, I'd like to comment that this picture doesn't represent the characteristic dilapidation of the homeless. To be perfectly frank, this individual could just as well be a college student struggling to get by, enjoying a momment in the sun.

That being said, a caption might easily add emotional importance to the photograph.

EDIT:
I feel asleep at the switch (literally) and betwen writing and posting this post, LAFoto pretty much said the same thing. Time to go to bed, I guess..)

In DC our homeless are well fed.
But very true point. I was on one shoot and two homeless peoples started dancing for me.
Was rather funny.
Durring an IMF protest, a homeless guy gave an interview for a camera, that was off. That was funny.
Ohhh there wasnt anyone else, but him in front of the camera, but he did an interview.

Glad to see you back mpdc!
I was wondering what happened to you! :)

I love your pic! I think it might look better b&w... but it looks great as is also! :)

Thanks.
Had a little marital (sp) issues.
"im much better now."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back