What's new

Homemade Light Box shots

bradleypics

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Location
Dallas, TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found an easy to make light box and took some shots using a bounced flash. I'm gonna also get some clamp lamps and try it. Are these any good?

Thanks

#1 - A rotten banana that had some rice spilled on it.

4485303168_564a028b38_o.jpg


#2 - A weed from the yard. It looks more lit on the back though.

4485335230_efcdb113b7_b.jpg


I'm going to find some better subjects and try clamp lights. I'll post my results.
 
cool pics. how'd you make the light box? i'm new to the slr world... bounced flash?
 
cool pics. how'd you make the light box? i'm new to the slr world... bounced flash?

Thanks.

I used this tutorial: Homemade Light Box for Product Photography StudioLighting.net

I bounced the light from the flash off the top of the light box.

Bookmarked. Good shots too. I think I'd like a lower angle on the banana, and more depth of field. Normally I really dig the shallow DOF, but for some reason I think this would be much better if it was all in focus.

I think a shallow DOF would work better with the flower though, if you had the flower at a more extreme angle (basically, rotate the flower counter clockwise a bit). If that makes any sense.
 
Neat project.

Did you use any other lights besides the bounce flash?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom