Honest reviews, please.

guahanweb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.guahanweb.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I posted these in a couple spots in the beginner section, and I'd like to get a little additional feedback and critique. I have just recently started shooting (within the last month), and I'm trying to find pointers and good balance for my shots. Here are a few of my kids, and aside from my obvious love for B&W, I've gotten some great guidance to be more careful about allowing the whole head to clear the image - or else zoom in enough to make it more comfortable for the eye.

Any other critiques to help better my eye greatly appreciated!

portrait07_bw.jpg

portrait08.jpg

portrait02.jpg

The first one is your best, a moment when your boy is intrigued by something, or perhaps lost in thought. The tone of the black and white is best here, too. The right background is a little distracting (perhaps you can blur it more in PhotoShop), but still the potency of this portrait comes through. Photos 2 and 3 are ordinary and good only for your home album.

Stick with the black and white!

The first one is your best, a moment when your boy is intrigued by something, or perhaps lost in thought. The tone of the black and white is best here, too. The right background is a little distracting (perhaps you can blur it more in PhotoShop), but still the potency of this portrait comes through. Photos 2 and 3 are ordinary and good only for your home album.

Stick with the black and white!

Thanks so much for the input. Interesting choice of words, too, for when I saved the first image of my son, I actually called it "Intrigued".

I definitely think I will be sticking with black and white. I love the effect, and they can be so much fun to shoot, too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back