What's new

Hood Help

elenaXsi

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Wake Forest
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want to get a hood for my Canon Rebel Xsi (450D) 18-55mm and I don't know what kind to buy, and what shape? What are they good for, because I hear they are useful.
 
Generally speaking, hoods will do two things.

1) They will reduce lens flare when shooting in bright sunlight.

2) They protect the end of your lens from bumps.

Since your lens is a medium wide angle (18MM) I would recommend a petal shaped lens hood to prevent vignetting in the corners, but a standard round lens hood will be better than none. Your local photo store should be able to help you find the correct one to fit your lens.

-Andy
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom