Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Spring might have sprung, after all!

schneeglckchen12009.jpg

krokus2009.jpg

Two little, most recent finds in our garden ... and although I had sworn to myself NEVER to go photograph the same flowers over and again once they come out again in spring, I could not keep up my resolve... :( HAD to bring the camera out... as to find these makes me sooo happy :lovey: :sun: :cheer: !

Beautiful! Love them especially the first, the drooping flower & the droplet of water.

Good title, lovely pics! How I wish spring shoots were starting here, but it's too early. The droplets on/leaving the flower in the first image are beautiful, but the subtle shadings of purple petals against that dark background and their crisp edges make the second pic my fave. Thanks for sharing these!

and although I had sworn to myself NEVER to go photograph the same flowers over and again once they come out again in spring, I could not keep up my resolve.

how can you not?? After a long, tedious winter (and I still have 3 feet of snow on the ground here) seeing that first bloom seems like the most amazing site you've ever seen!

They are gorgeous!

Amazing! I really like the first one. but the second one is a lot clearer to me.

Good shots!

:hug::to all of you and thank you for looking. Just two tiny, tiny flowers, but I :love: when they show up again after winter!!! :D

i like the second one myself. beautiful colour. what did you use on the first shot? the DOF seems incredibly thin. unfortunate that the drop is just out of it. can't keep away from the droplets though can you? :)

can't keep away from the droplets though can you? :)

Oh. Oops. You caught me out on that, eh? Droplets and green... :er: yeah, those seem to be my favourites.
The first was definitely taken with the Sigma lens in its macro function (which sits between the 200 and the 300mm), and it was overcast, which means "dark" to the lens in that position, so I couldn't stop down much, and between f5.6 and f8 DOF is razor-thin in that function. I was lying on my stomach on the grass (actually there is very little real grass left there and most of it is moss :roll: ) - and this then was the best of the (few) snowdrop-pics (I got quite cold quite soon).

did you spray the water or what?

Oh. Oops. You caught me on that, too. Yes, in this case I did. I thought it was more fitting that just "plain snowdrops", plus I had photographed them "dry" in all the springs before ;).

(I got quite cold quite soon).

ha! i can empathize! last week i went for a walk to take some pics of the wind (or it's effects more precisely) when it was snowing -12C and 90km/h winds. i had so survey the area, think about what i wanted to do, set everything on the camera hiding under my coat, whip it out snap a shot and hide my hands again. it was so cold you could feel your fingers start to freeze in that short span. and as a result, nothing terribly spectacular came out. but i think it's done for now. as for green and droplets, it just reminded me of a shot. i'll see if i can find it.

I like #1.
I went out today to look for some "hope" but couldn't find any. Still too cold and snowy. The robins are starting to show up though, which is a good sign.

Most reactions

Back