Hopeless

Crop off the top of the photo so that only the legs of the other people remain and I think you will see a real impact difference.

Nice photo, I think it's perfect the way it is. It really puts things into perspective. It is almost surreal, as if the people in the background are in a different world that in the homeless, because in actuality, they are.

Keep up the good work, have any more photos to show? I love street photography.

i'd just like to make a note, as someone who works with homeless people on a daily basis... homeless people arent hopeless... if this lady was hopeless, she wouldnt have a basket for money.. she would just sit there until she died...

Yup. It's a very good pic. I like the way you blurred the other people a bit. I like pretty much everything about it.
I never see old women begging in the cities I've been in inside the US. I've seen them in Mazatlan Mexico though. Kinda sad.

You have a bunch of nice photos.

I like it very much. As has been said, the contrast between the background people who obviously have more comfort in their lives and could care less about this old woman and her plight really tells the story. I think it is cropped just right. Maybe the background could be a touch more blurry, but it's pretty good the way it is.

Nice pic, seemed a bit soft to me, but that may be a choice. Nice pic either way.

Thank you all of you for your comments and feedback it is highly appreciated

A good photo, like the contrast. ;)

Nice photo, I think it's perfect the way it is. It really puts things into perspective. It is almost surreal, as if the people in the background are in a different world that in the homeless, because in actuality, they are.

Keep up the good work, have any more photos to show? I love street photography.

Yes I have some other photos to show but they are a few since I am currently building my new gallery, and this is not officially online, I love street photography too : SimpleViewer :thumbup:

Yes indeed the location is Barcelona, seems you've been there :) did you like the city?
Never been there yet. Oh, maybe one day I will vacation there. It is on my top 10 list of places to go. I used google translate to figure out the location. :) Google Translate

Never been there yet. Oh, maybe one day I will vacation there. It is on my top 10 list of places to go. I used google translate to figure out the location. :) Google Translate

You should definitely visit Barcelona, it's worth every cent I spent there :) Rome is gorgeous city also :)

I like the people in the background...It shows a contrast of two different lifestyles. The two extremes of society.
I agree. I think it makes a more powerful statement with them there. They obviously have the resources to buy clothes, cell phone and other creature comforts... and there they stand ignoring the lady hoping to beg a few dollars for something to eat.

I like the pic.

Great composition, and I'll join the crowd in favor of featuring the people in the background.

Does this remind anyone else of the prom kids scene in The Warriors?

picture1uiq.png

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_t9AHHNuH0"]Video[/ame]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back