Hoping this is the right category... anways! C&C

bighatphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been told i suck which i prolly do... Looking for ways to fix that.
corvette+024+-+Copy.jpg
eli%2527s+pictures+041.jpg
eli%2527s+pictures+015.jpg

Critique away.

HATE that signature and the way it's all over the images. That's probably the worst part IMHO.

#1 needs focus
#2 is quite nice, but a nicer background might have been better
#3 would have been nice to see the bug in focus instead of the raindrops

I mean, they're snapshots. None are really focused correctly, subject matter is nothing particularly interesting, the watermark is distracting and unnecessary. I'd worry more about reading a lot about photography and spending time out shooting, and less time worrying about licensing your work.

I did that because i have had to screw with people stealing my work and selling it. hoped putting the watermark in the mainpart of the picture would make people not be able to sell it without putting more work than its worth into removing it.
Okey i will think about those "tips" next time i go out shooting. What about editing? Any suggestions on ways to make them better in that field?

I'm sorry but who would steal those and sell them? I'm gonna ahead and put it bluntly, I have friends that take better photos with their cell phones. As I said before, I would spend some serious time reading online about composition, techniques, and processing.

Agree about the watermark. It's a bit distracting.

#1: It could use a different setting. It looks like it's on a slightly worn-out, outdoor rug.
#2: I like the subject of the second photo, but it does need a different background.
#3: Maybe try to get a bit closer and make sure to focus on the insect.

they were selling prints for 15bucks. Dont know how many actually bought them. prolly not many. i simply emailed the guy said those images belong to me. I can you where,when,how they were taken. So either take them down or i am taking legal action.

Greetings,

I think a lot of folks have already covered some of the basic technical issues, I will tell you that if the idea behind the logo was to prevent the image from being stolen then sadly I think you'll find it's a pretty ineffective method. It is very easy with programs like photoshop to go in and remove such watermarks, in most cases it only takes a matter of minutes if that.

I did that because i have had to screw with people stealing my work and selling it.
I they can sell your pictures (and you not) maybe you really suck in marketing, not the photography ? Or maybe still somewhere else...
Creativity pays, but read something (actually a lot) about the merit of what you do. Even with P&S you can make interesting shots, just have a concept.
Read this and go backwards, if you need to, before you go forward. :D
Lew Lorton Photography | An Approach to Post Processing.

I havent started selling my photos yet. I came here to see how much to charge, was told i sucked more than i thought i did. So i am trying to figure out how to fix that!

There are no ready to go solutions. Learn your camera, study technology you are using, study composition, look at others achievements, develop own philosophy of photography. And exercise, a lot.

There are no ready to go solutions. Learn your camera, study technology you are using, study composition, look at others achievements, develop own philosophy of photography. And exercise, a lot.
This. No one can fix it for you.

I havent started selling my photos yet. I came here to see how much to charge, was told i sucked more than i thought i did. So i am trying to figure out how to fix that!

^^ ditto what everyone else said

If you look at # 1 (are you using f/1.8 or 1.4?)
ask yourself, where is the camera focusing

it certainly wasn't on the flower. It was on the mat just in front of the flower.
Thus the flower is out of focus.

Practice your DOF -- how close you are to the subject, and specifically focusing. Make sure you are focused on the subject.

There's nice apps out there that are visual DOF calculators to improve one's knowledge.
I've been using them as I'm practicing these specific focusing techniques for some projects coming up.
precision is key ...

fyi .. I understand the logo bit to prevent theft.
Maybe use a transparent watermark across the entire image just for theft.
Then state that the final image would have your regular mark.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back