Horse! Of Course!

twinstar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I do some dabbling in candid and over the rail photography at horse shows to help out some of my photographer friends. When I am not doing that, you can catch me at parades or around the barn practicing. Any c&c is perfect. I need all the help I can get. :) None of these are color-corrected, cropped, or anything. At the most, just initials added.
Maybe they are just totally hideous. ;)

DSCN3621.jpg

DSC_0231.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

1 seems like there is way to many things going on. which is really distracting. Make sure to watch whats going on in you view finder, I am assuming that red pole was not supposed to be there.

2 is decent. Its nice and simple with just him and the horse. However the background is a tid-bit distracting as well.

3 You have a lot of washed out highlights throughout the frame. I do like the one thing (belt, rein, harrness, whatever it is) in focus.

Just keep shooting and it will all come together.

1) A hilarious and wonderful shot of a horse's butt but the backround is very distracting and there are a couple of things that could get cropped out, such as the street light or that unsightly red pole :p
2) The horse and rider seem a little soft (or else my eyes are bugging out on me) and there is a large white area next to the horse's head. This is a really cool action shot and I think you could have sharpened the horse by using a higher shutter speed
3)This is very overexposed but it is nicely focues where you want it to be!

Thanks guys!

The red pole you are seeing in the first picture is actually part of the Budweiser wagon. LOL! The way they kept moving around made it really hard to get. I took that at the St. Patty's Parade on Peachtree Street in Atlanta a couple of years ago.

The 2 picture was just hoping for the best. I was shooting over the rail and just couldn't find a good sopt anywhere. It was just a hideous guess in most cases. LOL!

As for 3... my god was it bright out there. I had a heck of time with the exposure and never could get anything to darken up. I just don't know what all was going. :)

Thanks again!

Most reactions

Back