Horse photo

ddovala

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any suggestions on how I can improve this shot? It was taken with a Nikon D200 and an 80-400 mm VR nikkor at 400 mm

Thanks in advance!

There are so many good things here already. Stance and expression and colour of that horse. Conversion. DOF and focus. All I would do is crop out the two cows on the left and clone out the bit of black on the right border. Then crop in from above and below and above to get back to the usual print size (if that is important to you). Cropping in from below would help you get rid of the black patch of earth on the bottom border, too.

First of all .. a fabulous shot.
Just crop the cow head on the left and a touch of sharpening might be useful.
If possible, get closer ... if a horse comes galloping toward you just stop - just to make it easier for the horse to control where to go and stop - it will not run you down.

Sincerely
Helmut

I think maybe a vertical crop- possibly photoshop in a horn.

Hmm, I'll crop out that cow head -- thanks.

What do you mean by photoshopping in a horn?

My what a large lense you have. Very nice shot. Definitely crop out the cows on the left, the one behind the post especially distracts. (Post blends so well with the ground it looks like there's a chunk missing from the cow.) The other cow can stay in, it adds a lot of depth. Or... if you cropped to the horse by itself, that wouldn't be bad either, just a different thing.

Sorry I'm late......

Here's what I thought looked good.

???????

7985-422733042_78bd4cc85f_b.jpg

Sorry I'm late......

Here's what I thought looked good.

???????

LOL I just did something similar... No reason to post it now... but I also raised the white balance up to give the horse a more glowy feel. Oh crap I might as well post it too:

42273304278bd4cc85fb2mm7.jpg

And another take.

Damn I love this picture... I'm super jealous:

42273304278bd4cc85fanotto8.jpg

Wow, I didnt think to up the white to give it a glowy look -- I really like it! Thanks for the help guys :-D

I LOVE horse photos! Do you have this photo in color? Beautiful horse!

I do have this photo in color -- but the colors are kind of dull (it was a cloudy day) -- and its a white horse anyways :-D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back