Horse Photos

Jamie1989

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey. This is my horse Diablo. There not great but I thought I would share some photos.
Please Critique if you would like to.:D

$IMG_20130814_210605.jpg$IMG_20130809_202255.jpg$Northbase Ranch.jpg
$IMG_20140404_220946.jpg$2013-11-17 13.18.31.jpg$IMG_20131103_132234.jpg

What is it ? Morgan ?

Why crop like this?

Looks like Diablo is a stallion. Registered ? I heard, that Paints are great general use horses.

No he's not a stallion. He is not registered. Do you have horses?
No, I don't have horses, but long ago in my old country I work on the farm and we had several horses including two registered mares. They were mostly for show, but in the spring and summer used for light carriage for managers and to bring drinks and food for workers. They were fun, too bad we didn't have saddles. (I guess for safety reasons :lol:.)

Yeah that crop is not helping the images. Any of them. You must have cropped them because some of them are different shapes. I don't mean offense, but you know what cropping means, right? (not talking about whipping the horse to make 'em go faster) :)

How then did they acquire such peculiar shapes? Simply because a photo was taken on a phone doesn't mean it can't be cropped.

Another question might be why these are in the General Gallery and not the "Just for Fun" gallery.

I heard, that Paints are great general use horses.

Hmmm interesting, I know very little about horses, so what you are saying is that Paint is the 18-105mm of horses ? :)

Poor Jamie. lol Sorry you're getting pounced on. We're all photographers here and square crops tend to be unpopular unless done for a very specific reason. So... the question is always "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" And theeeeeeenn... if the answer is "I don't know!", then you have to deal with a bunch of photographers howling over your having effectively random results.

We're all just a little nuts, but there is a method behind our madness.

Basically, my advice to you is this... figure out why your "camera" does this, understand it, and make sure you know how to control it. Then make sure you know what you're getting when you take the shot and how it will affect the image. The latter part of that will take more time, but it's part of photography.

If you're just a snapshot kind of person, that's also cool... just be aware that most folks here are not, so you'll tend to get pounced on a little. Be patient with us. Again... remember...nuts. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back