Hos do you develop Polaroid 55PN film if the chemistry is dried out?

orlovphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
orlovphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The title is self-explanatory enough I think....

I have a bunch of this film and in a lot of it the original chemistry has dried out... So I'm stuck developing it in the darkroom.

Today I tried doing it in BTZS tubes and with HC-110 dilution B for 6 and then 10 minutes - results were very thin :thumbdown: (the 10 minute one might yield a good print with grade 4-5 or so, but I want that beefy look that you get with original chemistry...).

Is there a known formula of developer/time for this stuff?
Also, I fixed it in regular non-hardening hypo, should I have used the Sulfite that is usually used with it? I don't see how that would make a difference, but I could be wrong - maybe my fixer was too strong and bleached it... but then again, I flipped the lights on after 30sec and didn't see it thinning out during the 3 minutes I held it in the Hypo tray.

Thanks folks!

I have just used the standard methods, hangers also with HC110 solution b, but I don't remember the times. However, i also rated the film at half the recommend ISO.

Would never turn on the lights during fixing.

Did you know there is a project in the works to bring back Type 55?
New55 Film

Did you know there is a project in the works to bring back Type 55?
New55 Film

That would be nice; however, I haven't been happy with their sx-70 films; meaning the Impossible Project film.

Is this a different group?

Yes, it's a different group.

Click on the slide show link within above site to see samples.

It's supposed to be compatible with existing Polaroid 4x5 holders according to their info.

By god I hope it's not the Impossible guys - their films SUCK! I will buy a pack of it again in 5 years - see if it's worth it by then.

Most reactions

Back