Hot shoe turn adapter

SlimPaul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there anything like that on the market? I would like an adapter that would allow me to turn my SB-400 to the right like on the pic below.

Thanks,

photo13jj9.jpg

You could get a flash cord and bracket.

You could get a flash cord and bracket.

That's too problematic (and too expensive). I would have to take off my flash, and reconnect it just to change the orientation. Still interested in the adaptor ;)

It's a nice idea but the market for such an item would be so limited I doubt anyone has considered it. And the cost of one of them plus an SB-400 would probably be about the same as the cost of an SB-600 which does turn.

I looked in all my regular places and asked around. No one has even heard of that. You could try a flash bracket? CB makes some for as little as $50 which would likely be less than an adapter, and you could use a hot or cold shoe adapter that you could twist to any angle as well as horizontal and vertical. Besides, you want that flash as far off the camera as possible anyways.

I can't believe there's no such thing on the market! It would cost like a dollar to make.

:( Any ideas on how to take vertical bounced shots with the SB-400? Solutions like holding a business card at 45' aren't very efficient.
I could buy a wireless transmitter, but I don't really want to hold the speedlight in hand.

I found several different designs googling "bounce shoe flash adapter" including this one which says it "tilts and swivels" although all they demonstrate in the pic is the tilt.

6891 Adorama / Hama Flash Bounce Shoe Adapter.

You're still going to need a Nikon ETTL (or whatever Nikon calls auto-flash) cord to get auto flash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back