What's new

House Finch

wls3

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
189
Reaction score
5
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Once the ground is snow covered the feathered friends come right up to the feeders (and photographer). Up close you can see they all are a little different looking and have different personalities.

Maybe I just need to get out more.

Bill

30421IMG_0366_copy.jpg
 
These guys are very sweet and, when you can see them up close, you really appreciate how beautiful they are! They have such a simple little name, but when the sun angle is right, their colors can be quite flashy. :D

Good capture, and I like your DOF. :thumbup:
 
Sweet shot, nice angle. Needs a contrast boost IMO
 
It's a Grosbeak BTW...methinks.
I'm pretty sure it's a male house finch. That telltale beak gives it away, they look so much like canaries (golden finches). The male will have this deeper red color while the female will be mostly brown.
 
man yer fast terri...I edited that out right away :lol: ;)

Hard to tell cos there's nuthin to show scale.
 
JonK said:
man yer fast terri...I edited that out right away :lol: ;)

Hard to tell cos there's nuthin to show scale.
muahahaha...you don't get to 10K posts sitting on yer hands, do ya? :mrgreen:
 
Thanks for all the comments. Yes, the photo above is a male. Here is a
photo of the female House Finch taken the same day.
As Teri stated mostly brown.

Bill

30421IMG_0378-copy.jpg
 
Hey Bill, good to see you are still shooting things with wings J Great shots. For those that don’t know Bill and I attend several airshows together over the summer months and have become good friends over the past few years.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom