House of Argue

Very good one........but I think I'd have cropped both in the right and the left side...to tighten the house a bit more
While I agree that the house is lost in the image (the main problem here), cropping both sides would kill the mood completely. If anything, I'd crop about 1/4 of the image from the left side, leaving the house in the middle of the frame.

Lovin' this image. I like the movement of the clouds above, and that abandoned house seems truly mysterious. Any inspiration for the title?
The inspiration actually came from the location of the house.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I think the dark sky on the left is essential. It balances the composition, as the house is really the only other large dark area. I also like the slightly wide aspect ratio. If you really feel compelled to crop, I would keep the top left corner, and keep the aspect, and lose a little from the right and the front. But it doesn't need it! It's very dramatic the way it is, and I think the size of the scene contributes to that.

I think the dark sky on the left is essential. It balances the composition, as the house is really the only other large dark area. I also like the slightly wide aspect ratio. If you really feel compelled to crop, I would keep the top left corner, and keep the aspect, and lose a little from the right and the front. But it doesn't need it! It's very dramatic the way it is, and I think the size of the scene contributes to that.
I don't think cropping is the answer, and I agree that the image is balanced as is and that the current aspect ratio works well. Perhaps the "solution" to the house being lost in the scene would be viewing/printing this one BIG.

Thanks for the feedback!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back