House Sparrow in flight and a re-edit

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really kind of liked this House Sparrow shot from this morning. It wasn't very popular on my FB page, so I tried to figure out what went wrong. I decided to re-edit it with a tighter crop and some more adjustments.. Any thoughts..?

House Sparrow in flight 1 by krisinct, on Flickr

Sparrow in flight re-edit by krisinct, on Flickr

In the original I find myself looking at the bright background and missing the drab bird. The tighter crop works much better for me.

Sent from my phone with my giant, uncoordinated sausage thumbs.

that is an excellent shot. I like them both, but the edit does have a slight edge for the same reason Low_sky mentioned.

I think the edit is great! This is the type of shot I wanted to get when I first joined the forum. In fact I started a thread asking "how to stop birds wings?" and this is the shot I had mind. I also agree that the bird is drab and that is probably the reason he sort of blends in with everything else.

Kris, I am not sure which one I like as I am not usually a fan of close crops, but the first one has that branch, or whatever, in the background and it is a little distracting, so maybe I would vote for #2. Regardless, both are nice.

WesternGuy

The bg is just busy enough in the first one that my attention is drawn away from the bird. The tighter crop seems much better to me. A spectacular capture, btw.

Nice, I like both

Yep. The tighter crop, eliminating much of the busy bright background, did the trick.

Thanks everyone! Sparrows are cool and all, but I really miss my Ospreys :(

I have yet to see one in a while, guess they made it back to Florida

Most reactions

Back