The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Well, I finally took another picture...
airportforum.jpg

This is in one of the remodeled concourses in Houston's big airport

I'm going back to the airport tomorrow, but I'm leaving really early so i can shoot a while. that is as long as I don't get arrested... :lol:
Thanks

i like it! beautiful tones... :D

NICE! Agree with WoodSac, values are great... nice contrast. I might like to see just a little head room above the light tho... Very nice none the less.

highbred3d said:
NICE! Agree with WoodSac, values are great... nice contrast. I might like to see just a little head room above the light tho... Very nice none the less.
I completely agree. I think I'll reshoot this one when I go back. I was kind of in a hurry then ;)
Thanks guys

Joe, we here at TPF have your back. I've already started collecting bail money for you!

Don't forget to get lots of pics of the TSA boys and girls--they REALLY like that ;)

jocose said:
Don't forget to get lots of pics of the TSA boys and girls--they REALLY like that ;)
Bahahahahaha!!! I'll bet! I've never actually had any problem with security before at the airport, except for those pesky random gate checks. I guess I just look like a terrorist or something...

clarinetJWD said:
Bahahahahaha!!! I'll bet! I've never actually had any problem with security before at the airport, except for those pesky random gate checks. I guess I just look like a terrorist or something...

It's the goatee, man!

jocose said:
It's the goatee, man!
and the bombs, probably.

Actually, way back in 2002, I forgot to take my reed knife out of my clarinet case. Now, a reed knife is a lot like a 4 inch straight razor so definitely not something to take on an airplane. I got pulled aside for one of those random checks, they searched my case, and even made me put together the instrument and play a few notes...but they didn't find the knife... :er:

clarinetJWD said:
and the bombs, probably.

Actually, way back in 2002, I forgot to take my reed knife out of my clarinet case. Now, a reed knife is a lot like a 4 inch straight razor so definitely not something to take on an airplane. I got pulled aside for one of those random checks, they searched my case, and even made me put together the instrument and play a few notes...but they didn't find the knife... :er:

Ahh, don't it make you feel safe to fly the friendly skies?

Here's my question. When I came home from St. Louis after thanksgiving, I dutifuly removed ye olde laptop from my bag and put it into a tub (I don't understand how x-rays are blocked by my fabric knapsack and the laptop needs to be removed in the first place). I then put my jacket (also made of non-lead fabric) on top if it, and my boots on top of that (this way I only needed 1 bin instead of 3; I was trying to be helpful to my fellow passengers, you understand. Anyway, they had to rescan the laptop because the jacket was over it. Does down really block x-rays from seeing through to my laptop?

On the clarinet note (sorry, no pun intended), when I was coming home from Miami many years ago, they made me turn on my video camera, record, and play it back to prove that it really worked--and this was BEFORE Sept. 11.

jocose said:
Ahh, don't it make you feel safe to fly the friendly skies?

Here's my question. When I came home from St. Louis after thanksgiving, I dutifuly removed ye olde laptop from my bag and put it into a tub (I don't understand how x-rays are blocked by my fabric knapsack and the laptop needs to be removed in the first place). I then put my jacket (also made of non-lead fabric) on top if it, and my boots on top of that (this way I only needed 1 bin instead of 3; I was trying to be helpful to my fellow passengers, you understand. Anyway, they had to rescan the laptop because the jacket was over it. Does down really block x-rays from seeing through to my laptop?

On the clarinet note (sorry, no pun intended), when I was coming home from Miami many years ago, they made me turn on my video camera, record, and play it back to prove that it really worked--and this was BEFORE Sept. 11.

sorry to resurrect this from the 3rd page, but I didn't check back until now...

Anyways. I've had to play my clarinets before for them, but that was only a few months after 9/11.

Thanks everyone for the support :D

oh!! I have to be in that airport tomorrow....I will look for this.....thing in the concourse. ;)

Most reactions

Back