Hoverfly...more macro practice

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still working on my macro photography, and was inspired by a bloke on Flickr...so off I went again...18-55mm lens, reversed using an adaptor onto my Canon 400d. ISO set high, aperture set quite high to get greater DoF...

How do you think it came out? I think it's a tad noisy, but I'm quite pleased with the focus and the fact that it's not my usual dark dull blurry image (something to do with good, natural light)!

4905335324_3d6b7e2337_z.jpg

Well, its definitely not dark! Id say a little overexposed on this one. Flowers are completely blown. Personally I like to see some detail in the eyes (and there may be some in the full res pic.)

Comp and color look good.

Edit: noise is overrated. If a pic is sharp and well executed you almost dont notice it.

Well, its definitely not dark! Id say a little overexposed on this one. Flowers are completely blown. Personally I like to see some detail in the eyes (and there may be some in the full res pic.)

Comp and color look good.

Edit: noise is overrated. If a pic is sharp and well executed you almost dont notice it.

Yes, I was annoyed by the overexposure on the flowers. But thought I'd try to get the bug sorted first :D

There is more detail in the full res pic - I reduce all my shots for uploading to Flickr to a mere fraction of their true size. I opened the original in Photoshop, zoomed to "Actual pixels" and cropped this bit out...

4905227235_f07d040e53_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back