How Are They Where You Live?

there's always one unlucky apple in the spoiled bunch.

Yeah, and sometimes they wait to long. We had two city officers terminated for unnecessary roughness, several years ago. They went to a smaller town about 30 miles away. Within a couple months they beat a guy to death. Fortunately they're still in prison, and will be there awhile. Sadly I think some departments terminate them with the understanding they won't press charges, if they just go away, which is wrong. Maybe cities/counties/states need to be held accountable for negligence for failure to prosecute.

i used to frequent /r/bad_cop_no_donut. Oh the stories I've read over the years...

To hear the defense attorney in court yesterday you would THINK the cops in the case were all lying cheating skum.
I seriously doubt it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The thing is, we don't hear about officers or anybody really who's going to work and doing their jobs. That isn't news worthy; what would the story be? So 'n so went to work, worked all day, went home... I mean, there's no news story in that, in people's daily routines at work. And I think it's unfair to judge all police officers by the actions of a few.

It seems like what was reported is a small number of incidents to think about how many incidents happen in any given day in NYC or any city for that matter. Not that it's OK, and certainly it needs to be looked at and something done.

And the article that the Miami Herald picked up was written by somebody with a supposed news agency that I never heard of; from looking at their site it seems to be more about marketing and less about actually hiring reporters and editors. That article to me seemed like it may or may not be completely accurate (to me there's something resembling click bait there).

Here's an article in the Statesman, which is an actual newspaper actually in Texas where this happened, which seems more factual. It also reports that this officer claims he was 'drugged'; I wonder if he may have been drugging himself. From first reading this I suspected that besides alcohol he may have been on something else too because of it taking more than one person to get him off the girl and he apparently didn't seem fazed by efforts to stop him.

NEW: Williamson deputy charged with beating 12-year-old, intoxication

Most reactions

New Topics

Back