How can I find if a lens will work with a camera?

Britta G

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have the 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S VR DX Nikkor Zoom Lens, and I am trying to figure out if it will work on the Nikon N70. I am looking on Nikons website, but can't seem to find it. Is there a different website I can look at?

It will work fine, but since it was designed for crop sensor camera bodies (DX) it will leave a black circle on the edges of your 35mm/full frame images.

I have the 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S VR DX Nikkor Zoom Lens, and I am trying to figure out if it will work on the Nikon N70. I am looking on Nikons website, but can't seem to find it. Is there a different website I can look at?

Any lens with "DX" in its designation will pose problems on any Nikon film body. DX lenses are designed for crop sensor (DX) digital bodies and do not create images large enough to cover the larger film or FX format digital bodies.

When used on FX digital or film, the image from DX lenses will be dark around the edges, sometime completely black. When there is some visible edges toward the edges the optical quality toward the edges is usually extremely poor. If you crop the image to about 1/2 of its area, the remaining portion will be good.

An additional problem is metering. The dark edges will influence the metering, generally causing some degree of overexposure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back