How can this shot be better? C&C Please

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a radio tower behind work. The colors are all faded. But I took a shot of it. How could this be better?
(This is with the old Canon Rebel 300D at work)

radiotower.jpg

BW Crop

radiotower2.jpg

Tough question, as I'm not really seeing a lot to hold my attention in the image. I think the B&W helps, 'though a red filter wouldn't go amiss. I think I would look to focusing in close on the rivet detail on one of the gussets and maybe doing a high-contrast mono conversion.

Hmm that's a thought. I'll have to try to bring my camera next week and try that w/ my lens. The work lens is a kit lens

Would you mind if I tried a re edit on it? I have an idea that may work but I can't really explain it.

I don't know how I missed that, I even looked to see if you had selected ok to edit and assumed you left it blank. Anyway, I just did a bit of tilt and cropping to fill the frame a little more. I think the red at the bottom was interesting so I wanted to help emphasize that.

radiotower2.jpg

Doesnt really do anything for me. Great sky but it comes off as "gotta find some way to capitalize on this sky with a lackluster subject." Not saying the idea couldnt work, just not sure about this composition.

I'd go the Joe McNally route with this: "If you want to take interesting pictures, stand in front of more interesting stuff."

The subject is boring. If you were able to get underneath it you could perhaps pull some interesting patterns and symmetry out of the structure or or something, but there's nothing going on in the image worth looking at.

Thanks. I've been staring at this thing for 8 years now behind my work. So finally took a pic of it. Wanted to try it out to see if I could get something. But yeah I wasn't too excited about it myself but wanted to get some opinions from you good folks around here :::)

If you were able to get underneath it you could perhaps pull some interesting patterns and symmetry out of the structure or or something

Oh man have I been thinking the same! Unfortunately, if I do, my a$$ will be in jail faster than anyone here trying to pronounce my name :lol:

The only things you see going in there are guys in military hummers. Not sure what its for but there are 2 fences around that thing.

You should have got in much closer and shown nice clear detail o nthe steel - rust, rivets, bolts, whatever. As it is, it is pretty uniteresting.

You should have got in much closer and shown nice clear detail o nthe steel - rust, rivets, bolts, whatever. As it is, it is pretty uniteresting.

I'll work on that next week. I'll bring in my camera to work with the larger lens, see if I can pull anytying off it

Most reactions

Back