How could have these been better? Mountains, snow etc...

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
they look really nice to me! and that's all that matters to me.

I like them, especially the second one. The only thing that could have made them better imo are things you can't control... daylight, more snow or lush green.... that kind of thing. I say "good job" on these.

I like them as they are too. #4 Looks like some interesting structures at the bottom. Maybe include that in a different composition.

# 1 is dull. Followed by #2 which snaps my attention, love that winding road.
#3 feels like it falls off left. 4 is also mono.
#5 is welcome to hang on any wall, at hippy house. Beauty, contrast, and framing. Wow. Ed

#2 is pretty good -- better w/o the wire in it, and the light in #5 is great. One of the things I've been trying to work on in my landscapes is to have some foreground interest in addition to the landscapes themselves. Better yet is a composition that leads the eye from foreground to background, or across the image, etc. -- that's why #2 popped out a bit for me -- the road offers some foreground interest, and a sense of movement. I took a quick look at the flickr set, and I think I actually like the B&W one there at least as well as these.

Thanks. I guess I am just too harsh of a critic. I was aiming for more of a majeed-esque feel.

Last edited:
Circular Polarizer? Bring out some of the deep blues and more contrast in the snow?

Circular Polarizer? Bring out some of the deep blues and more contrast in the snow?

Since I switched most of my CPL don't fit. :(

These are very good and well worth the effort, but as you mentioned... the light conditions are hard to work with. The road in the second one is a little cliche to me, but that has nothing to do with the quality of the photo... the last one I think is the best, but would have been elevated to excellence if you gained 100 feet or so of altitude to get some separation between the 3 layers of the image. Given the conditions, they are really great.

5 is awesome. 4 is really nice. The others I agree with Wyogirl...its the foreground...too brown. Kinda out of your control

No 5 is the only one that has an even distribution of foreground, middle ground and distance. It also has the best light.

In the others there is something else, either cut off trees providing a barrier or split in halfs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back