how did you get started in photography?

My circumstances were really off the wall. I bought a camera and started shooting. I thought, man it would be cool to be the most amazing photographer ever, so I bought a Nikon and I wasn't the most amazingist photographer ever. After that, I bought a Canon and now I'm the most amazingist photographer evAr!!!11!!1!1

My father-in-law handed down a Minolta SRT-101, a couple of Rokkor lenses, and a flash to me, because he didn't use the kit much.

I like making images. Sometimes with a lens, sometimes not.

I think some weekend in the near future I'm gonna turn my bedroom into a camera obscura.

I was tired of having a really expensive hobby....

I was photographing rowing events for my team with my D80. I had a lot of compliments and my photos eventually got passed around, when a magazine called me up asking me if they could use one for their mag, I said sure. Then they paid me!!! I realized that I could perhaps do this more than just a hobby. I pursued it and the snowball has never stopped :) at least not yet :p

i got tired of not getting the photos i wanted from P&S so I googled techniques which led to me wanting an slr. not a very exciting story, i know!

I was a Web Designer this summer, and I was constatly retouching bad photos given by the customer. During the summer, I read a book about digital photography so I could understand why most of the photos were of such poor quality. That was the tipping point, and I grew more and more interested in digital picture. One day, I went into a photography shop, saw this nice little Nikon D3000 sitting on the shelft for a very reasonnable price, and bought it. Since them, I take picture on almost every activity I take part of.

I was bored, lol.

Seriously. I needed an artistic hobby that I could do on my own time and on my own schedule.

So around 4 years ago, I decided to try my hand at photography.

At first I just wanted to photograph events and parties, but shortly after I started to get into cityscape and nature photography.

Once I found landscape photography I was all in.

I got started in high school by taking classes. About a year out of high school I got a job as a part-time photographer for a daily newspaper. Worked there for two years before going to school. After school I returned to the paper(3 years ago) and Ive been there since, working my way up to now being chief photographer.

At 20, I wrote an investigative article for a national publication and thought "Gee, I bet I could shoot images to support this..."

Haven't stopped shooting since!

I grew up knowing that I belonged in the Arts, however, the folks had a different plan for me that included law school. I did keep plugging away at my design work and somewhere along the way I found Fine Art photography. It has been just in recent years that I started doing childrens portraits, and also pets. I shoot digital for the most part, but I still feel B & W film is superior to digital conversions, and I love being in the darkroom. I think the darkroom is what really hooked me.

I always loved taking snapshot-style pictures but in high school I needed a fine arts course and I can't draw or carry a tune so I jumped at the chance to take photography. Two years of black and white 35mm and I was in love. After high school I got my first digital camera and I work in a field that demands technical photos, but it wasn't until recently that I got back into the more artistic side.

I was moving to Oman in 2008 to study for 5 months... figured I should have a camera to document it. My last camera was a 1.2mp Canon (back in like 2002). I bought myself an XTi, knowing nothing about it. Even now, my photography is pretty much limited to when I travel.

Had my XTi stolen in Jordan this past summer, so I figured I was done with photography. I just found out that I'm moving back to Oman next month, so I went and bought myself a new camera.

I got started in my younger years at school grew up married had kids the wife/mom photo thing I just recently got an SLR and I do it for more of a hobby something to get me out of the house(Have 3 grandchildren living here with us 1 who is 5 2(TWINS)who are a year old my second time around with babies in the house lol so this keeps me from loosing my mind lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back