How did you name your business????

My business (such as it is) is painting rather than photography, I followed the same logic as other posters here; I do art and my name's Ben....Ben's Art.

simples.

I don't feel that Stacy McGarry Photography flows off the tongue?

Sounds a whole lot better then "Swaddled Memories". With a name like that many will avoid you because it sounds extremely cheesy, and if the mane is cheesy then they will assume your photos will be cheesy.

"Olive oil photography" does NOT work as a business name.

It could.. if it was her $oliveoyl2.jpgbusiness!

Ok, so I took what you guys said, and I've come up with two vague names, Playing for Keeps Photography, and Daring Dragonfly Photography. Since I realllllly don't want to use my name this is the best I can comeup with. What do you think?

Ok, so I took what you guys said, and I've come up with two vague names, Playing for Keeps Photography, and Daring Dragonfly Photography. Since I realllllly don't want to use my name this is the best I can comeup with. What do you think?

not to be rude.. but LAME!

Still really cheesy.

If your not going to use your name then keep it SIMPLE. Use only one word other then photography if possible. Business are often named after places also. Think of the names of nearby neighborhoods.

If you go back through all the threads with all the people that are wanting to shoot this kind of stuff, even expand into the real world and every city has hundreds of these "photographers" and the names all sound the same. People are trying to be cute in order to attract people to a business that they start because they simply own a camera and someone told them they should come up with a cute name and make money with it.

How about

Weshootkids.com
Foreverlastingmomentsuntilhecheats.com
Igotacamerahiremeplease.com
bouncingbabiestobarmitzvah.com
wherethesundon'tshine.org

;)

Have you identified your target market? Do you know what resonates and appeals to them? Do NOT pick a cutesy name. It is the quickest way to end up with a tired, dated name that you detest in a year or two or three.

HELP! I am having such a hard time naming my business.
This is why smart branding professionals hire a good photographer to create great images for them.

Well i believe people experience a connection to the person rather than a organization name. But If your well known and your photos are on factor then, which ever name will be unrelated to people.

I personally don't like the cutesy names. I think they work for some people, I'm just not that cutesy of a person so I prefer just using my own name.

I dont have a business buy maybe you can try the technique they used to name Canada. Put a bunch of letters in a hat and after every one you pull out put the letter A after it.

Rabaga Photography
Lakaia Photography
Tamala Photography
Bagata Photography
Mawapa Photography
Yanada Photography
Dabaka Photography
Sarawa Photography
Jakaba Photography

I don't know ............

Most reactions

New Topics