How do I achieve this?

xcalibur00

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want to take photos like these guys have in their advertising.

R A E N optics then click enter.

Is it lomography? or what?

what do I need to get to shoot this style?

thanks in advance.

Can you point out a specific photo? I see several different types of photos there which could all have been taken using different methods.

the one with the bike or the beach shot or the hangin out of the car shot

is any of it lomography?

OMG the new (80's) style of sunglasses are horrid lol. Intresting shots tho. doesnt look like it would be hard w/ the right software but ...

yeh the cross processing but also the really old vintage feel. like in the shot with the girl jumping into the pool on the blow up dolphin. would they shoot that on old film cameras?? etc? I need to be able to use the shots I take in posters and magazine ads. So I need that soft vintage look but when scaled up it wont look crappy??? Sorry im not very good at explaining this.

I've always wondered how you create vintage style photos too. Hopefully someone can help you (and me!) out.

Those photos aren't taken, they are made.

Learn to Photoshop and you can make any photo look good. Learn to shoot, and develop your style, and you will spend less time in Photoshop.

So do you love to shoot, or edit? Spend more time doing what you love...

can anyone possible enlighten me as to what film camera might have been used and what type of film???? if possible.

It looks digital to me, and very heavily post-processed by a talented Photoshopper. Looks of fake cross-processed looks. If you'd like to shoot photos like that on film, for some odd reason, any brand of camera could be used....Nikon,Canon,Pentax, Mamiya, Hasselblad, whatever...it'd be nice to have 100 rolls or so of really bad,outdated Ektachrome 100 that you'd let sit on a radiator for a day or two, and then allowed to degenerate for a year, to maybe 18 months past the pull date. No need for cross-processing then--it'll look like crap right out of a standard E-6 processor run!

If you want to know more about something, Google is your friend. I found this out in about one minute:

R A E N OPTICS// LIMITED EDITION MODEST MOUSE PHOTO ZINE VOLUME 2

NCINITAS, CA – RAEN Optics is proud to announce the release of the second limited edition Modest Mouse photo zine edited by Isaac Brock (of Modest Mouse) and photographer, Pat Graham. *In support of Pat’s ongoing documentary work touring with Modest Mouse, this is the second in a series of limited edition photography zines in collaboration with RAEN. *The photo zine will have a limited edition run of 1200 and are currently only available online from RAEN Optics at www.raenoptics.com.

Pat Graham has been a key part in the growth of RAEN’s inaugural creative campaign, *“Through the Eyes of…”. *The campaign uses each photographer’s creative vision and freedom to shoot in the format of their choice. Pat’s photos have been published in magazines including Rolling Stone, Spin Magazine, Art Forum, NME, Dazed & Confused, Raygun, the Village Voice, the Washington Post, Washington City Paper, the Guardian, Punk Life, Punk Planet, Copper Press, Time Out, VICE, Tokion, Swindle, Guitar World, and the Chicago Reader. His first book of photographs (Silent Pictures) was released in 2007 by Akashic Books, NYC.

Also be sure to check out RAEN’s 2009 optics collection. *All RAEN Optics’ are hand-crafted from European acetate and are offered in both polarized and UVA/UVB CR39 lenses, and are available, for purchase in select stores and online.

Disjointed
Ph. +61 2 8407 9226
Email. [email protected]

www.disjointed.com.au

Tags: disjointed, modest mouse, raen optics

This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 17th, 2009 at 3:00 pm and is filed under R A E N Optics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

Maybe you should look at Pat Graham's web site: he lists RAEN optics as one of his advertising clients. Pat Graham Photography » About

Or maybe drop him an e-mail at [email protected]

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back