How do i gain back round blur with a moving subject?

JordanD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey my friend wants me to take some photos of him riding his motorcycle. How would i blur the backround while keeping him and his bike in focus? I will be shooting with a canon 18-55mm kit lens sadly haha...do i need to turn image stablization off? Thanks!
Jordan.

Motorcycle? Slow shutter speed and move the cam. Google "Panning photography". Here is my friend on his (normally we're on the race tracks):

DSC_0120.jpg

Panning. Takes practice but that's how you do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Panning or Pacing

If you ride in a vehicle on the highway at approximately the same speed its pretty easy.

Panning or Pacing

If you ride in a vehicle on the highway at approximately the same speed its pretty easy.

Same shutter speed as what?

The speed as in the same speed of the motorcycle. Get along side of them, match their pace and then play around with your SS until you get the desired effect. Thinking somewhere from 1/4 to 1/60 but I would have to play around with it to get it just right

why you need to be same speed? I was standing on the side of the road for this one

DSC_0120.jpg

Panning or Pacing

Same shutter speed as what?

The speed as in the same speed of the motorcycle. Get along side of them, match their pace and then play around with your SS until you get the desired effect. Thinking somewhere from 1/4 to 1/60 but I would have to play around with it to get it just right

Wow I read that way different. Did you wind up editing your post?

Wow I read that way different. Did you wind up editing your post?

I edited a one word typo

Oh good, at least I'm not losing my mind.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back